I'm DESPERATE PLEASE HELP! Dead Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shadmaster, Jul 2, 2010.

1. shadmaster macrumors newbie

Yesterday while I was driving my car I go down to check the time on my phone, and the phone was off.

I tried resetting it by holding Power/Home for 10-20 seconds, then holding for 3 minutes (nothing!)

I tried Holding home and plugging into computer (nothing!)

I tried just letting it charge overnight and trying the steps above (nothing!)

I have tried leaving the iphone plugged into computer and restart computer (nothing!)

I have tried it on a different computer (nothing!)

I took apart my iphone and took the battery out and let it sit for 30 mins or so making nothing was disconnected (nothing!)

{I am giving up all hope, its a iphone 3gs 32GB 4.0 it is unlocked and jailbroken with sn0wbreeze and ultrasn0w}

2. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I'm not sure, whether taking it apart was a wise move. I take it that your warranty already expired...

EDIT: over a quarter of an hour passed. Either you were not so desperate or it is FacePalmTime. It was still under warranty, wasn't it?

3. shadmaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it was out of warranty, That was the first thing I checked before I took apart. I have replaced screens on these phones before so I wasn't afraid to open it up.