I'm done waiting. Buying my MBP.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jord89, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Jord89 macrumors newbie

Well, Macworld was quite a let down for me. I was hoping for something to happen to the MacBook Pro. Anyways, I'm tired of waiting for my mac. I was going to buy the low end Macbook Pro until i came across this...

http://www.ecomelectronics.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=2106&ref=pricegrabber

2.4 15" for only 2099, no tax, free shipping.

Do you guys think it would be okay buying it from them? It's such a low price... seems worth it.

2. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure on how well the retailer is, but if you are going to purchase a MacBook Pro, go for it. I just purchased mine from Future Shop (15" MacBook Pro with 2.2 GHz CPU) and I absolutely love it, it's the best computer I've ever owned and I'm more than satisfied with the quality of it.

3. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

i with you here, sick of waiting and everyone saying different dates. just waiting for someone to buy my macbook then off to the apple shop to get one....yay

4. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

I'm holding out, once they put the new chips in those things they will be super sweet.

5. Jord89 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. tesoke macrumors newbie

7. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

IMO the only reason they didn't release new MBPs on Tuesday was because they didn't want to detract attention/purchases from the MBA. I'd suggest waiting a month or two as they're overdue a revamp with the new keyboard etc.

Up to you if you're sick of waiting I suppose, just don't complain when they come out with new ones 15 days after you bought the current (aging) model :D

8. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

I wouldn't, just go to an apple store, and haggle. You can usually get something out of the deal. Like say free iWork or something. Plus if your a student you can get a discount. Personaly my company gets a discount, maybe you have a similar situation.

9. Jord89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would, but unfortunately they don't have any Apple store's in South Carolina :/

10. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

I don't know about that site man, thats a 17% discount. Thats a pretty big price drop.

11. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1