I'm done

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Razeus, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razeus macrumors 601

The Fall 2008 Macbook Pro sold on eBay for a cool $1400. I'm tired of waiting. Sorry Apple. But don't worry, I still love your iPhone. If the iPad was a bit more functional (meaning having USB 2.0 ports) instead of acting more as a viewing device, I'd have that too.

I love you guys and this forum has always provided great advice. I'll be hanging out in the Photography forums. Until then, I'm in the market for a new laptop that has the features I need, available when I need them at a inexpensive (but not cheap) price. Looking at the Sony F Series, since they are now offering Blu-Ray for free upgrade. All for under $1080.

2. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

wow, F series is looking more tempting...$90 BTO for a Blu-ray burner and a 1920x1080 with 1GB 330M vid card?

Has anyone here hackintoshed this yet?

3. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

Been reading reviews on it. It's a good system, I don't game much on a laptop but I do photo RAW editing and DVD encoding when I'm not at my desktop. I outfitted mine with an i7, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, Blu-Ray player and backlit keyboard. I love the form factor of the F series.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What is ever the point of these threads? Is it for the drama, the glitz, the glamor? To shove it up Apple's ass that one lowly customer is no longer willing to wait? What is wrong with the tech they're providing today? Oh it's not the most current? It sucks because it's not i5 or i7? Oh because suddenly these new processors hit the market, Apple doesn't update so your MBP is a piece of ****?

OK fair enough. Go then. Go buy whatever suits you. I'd have to ask what all of you people want a Mac for anyway. If it's really OS X then you'd realize that the tech they have now is quite functional and powerful enough for everyday applications both professional and non-professional. People see this new processor come out and they immediately decide that their current machine or the current lineup is inadequate. What does Dell or IBM have over Apple? They cater to this very attitude. They continue to update their tech pushing out pieces of **** machines because you, Joe Consumer, needs it so bad!

Here's the reality. In theory Apple's tech is outdated because it's not the most current. However, it is capable and capable in my book prevails. Capable for me doesn't come in the form some processor that is on the market today. Capable is building a quality solid machine to run a quality solid OS. When Apple stops providing that I'll return to Windows 2000, my most favorite MS OS to date. I'm pretty sure my Xeon MP didn't start under performing just because the Nehalem came out.

Now understand this, eventually Apple will have to update their tech, I'm not saying it's up to date I'm saying it's still very capable and not crippled by the idea of a new processor on the shelves. Call me a fan girl or what but quite frankly I'd take OS X on last year's tech over Windows on this year's tech.

Enjoy surfing forums on your windows box for under $1080. I hope it somehow meets the needs your Fall 2008 MBP couldn't.

5. bhansensfd macrumors member

Outstanding post. Can you please cut and paste this into to every thread where someone is whining about waiting for the update!

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Excellent post, jessica. I would have just said, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

7. Hmac macrumors 68020

I agree with Jessica. What a load of cr@p.

8. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

lol Jess, never one to shy away from a chiding self-important rant. Is it the drama, the glitz, or the glamor for you? :D

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Not at all. If it were I'd start my own thread countering this very subject. Think about it sparky. I say what you can't ... that's how I roll.

10. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

Oh, the $1080 Windows box will. Such as encode my DVD rips faster, run the latest games at the same time with no slow down. A feat my $1900 Mac could never accomplish. Something as simple as cut and paste, or merging contents of a folder instead of out right replacing them are two OS level features that I use frequently and quite dog-gone useful. Or how about when I'm copying files from one place to another and it runs into an issue with a file, to allow me to skip that file and keeping copying everything else instead of outright stopping the transfer. OS X never got this for whatever reason. But I digress...

I'm also looking at this bad boy: http://www.amazon.com/N61JV-X2-16-I...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1268918482&sr=1-1

11. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

Lol...Of course you do.
    This just proves that fangirls can be just as ridiculous and intolerant as fanboys.
    Knock yourself out fondling your out of date apple stuff while people with some actual work to do get on with it using current, fairly priced equipment.

12. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's not an issue of being a fanboy or a fangirl, it's more of an issue of being a drama queen. Nobody cares if you're willing/not willing to wait for new Macs to be released. The OP just seems like a sad cry for attention- someone seeking validation.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ok I'll play.

The MBP lineup does indeed have a slow write speed optical drive, slowest on the market today I believe. However, I'm of the opinion that Apple is not real focused DVD media. That right there is your first clue that if you're not married to Apple's OS then you do need to go find something else. I do not fully agree that Apple should abandon say a DVD drive in all machines, but I can see the direction they're going. To the extent that their direction doesn't meet my needs I will form what would likely be a nice relationship with MS again.

I am not a gamer any longer. I was once very dedicated to gaming and kept a windows box until mid 2006 for that purpose. If I were a gamer today and the computer was my "console" of choice, I would not be using a Mac or I would have both. My lineup would be the MBP for portability and the windows box for gaming at home. OS X is not for gaming in my opinion; it never was.

Merging folder contents must be pretty damn important to you, I can appreciate that even if I don't understand it.

Luis Ortega
    Good job fully misinterpreting the entire post. Here's the situation, I have actual work to do and to do it I have the most capable machine. I am not delusional to think that Apple may not be the most capable machine for all but it is still capable. You can't see it and I can also appreciate that. You can jump down my throat for hurting your feelings while I get back to my actual work but you cannot deny the fact that new tech doesn't immediately cripple old tech, at least not in this sense.

You call me a fan girl and that's fine, my main point and I will restate this for the slow folk, file the original post under "who gives a ****" because frankly the only thing these threads do is spark these very internet arguments. In the end everyone comes out looking stupid, and I do mean everyone. ;)

14. BothBarsOn macrumors regular

Well, I feel for you, OP. Don't think you deserved the rant above.

There's a lot of anger and disappointment on the forum these days. I think the MBP delay has made a lot of people wonder if the advantages of OS X over Windows 7 make it worthwhile being tied to one hardware manufacturer. It's an old problem, obviously, but if your need for a new machine happens to coincide with Apple's release schedule, you don't notice it. Then, one day ...

I've recently started Bootcamping Win 7 for gaming and while I much prefer OS X, I don't think it's fair to say that "OS X beats Windows" trumps all other considerations. And one of those considerations is hardware choice. To pretend otherwise is just silly.

15. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

Like 99% of the threads on any forum...:rolleyes:

16. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Ditto what Jessica said. Pointless attention seeking.

17. clindner macrumors regular

Just hope you don't have to work away from a power outlet for more than an hour or 2!

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I disagree. Its more that we don't need to hear from every tom dick or harry about their decision to leave the mac platform. You want a windows machine, great, buy it, there's no need to leave threads here about how bad apple is and why you're buying a windows box.

Why did the OP switched to OSX, in the first place. Was it because apple was always on the cutting edge of technology? I doubt it, so why leave now because of that. None of the other reasons that make OSX/Macs great have changed.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Apple was never on the cutting edge of technology, that's for sure. Even when I purchased my first Mac notebook it felt slightly outdated, despite it being updated that week. How OS X uses the power under the hood is one of the reasons I went with Apple.

20. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Actually I'd say most of the posts here revolve around asking questions about Apple products, not posts that should be put up on blogger. :rolleyes:

21. BothBarsOn macrumors regular

We don't need to hear that you disapprove of said Toms, Dicks and Harrys either, but it didn't stop you. It's a forum. People post things. If you find the post uninteresting, move on. Jesus.

22. nep61 macrumors 6502

Thank you.... Great Post ! I couldn't agree more (except the part about the Windows 2000 OS :( )

23. zipa macrumors 65816

It's obscenely priced.

24. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I'm glad almost everyone found this topic as pointless as I did. It's really getting old. Post in the topic they have specifically for this kind of post.

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

and I do, but being a mac forum, we generally post mac stuff. If the OP wants to buy a PC. fine, but there's no need to post on a mac forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.