IM+ dropped price !

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dr34mc4st3r, Sep 30, 2009.

1. dr34mc4st3r macrumors regular

dr34mc4st3r

hi guys,
    just got notified via appshopper the price for IM+ is at 4.99 now. looks like beejive is gonna have some competition. and maybe i will shift from ebuddy to IM+ after all, the price drop is too tempting! :D

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

3. dr34mc4st3r thread starter macrumors regular

dr34mc4st3r

you mean their speech recognition service? but it's not like everyone needs that anyway.

4. kicko macrumors 65816

I would buy it if you dont already have a IM client. I like IM+ but it takes too long for me to open the app. Beejive is much faster.

I have both.

5. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

I don't know what Beejive is like, but I use IM+ to push my Twitter updates to me. I just open it once close it.

Seems to work pretty fine for me.

6. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

I own Beejive but am still interested in trying out a different IM app like this one. However, after reading several reviews complaining about startup times and random Facebook disconnects, I'm now simply hesitant to take the plunge even for $5.

P.S. The reason I'm still looking at different IM apps is that Beejive's driving me bonkers with its frequent attempts to re-connect for no reason and random account disconnects as well (esp. Facebook, MSN & Yahoo). :mad:

7. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

Hrm I havent had a problem with BeeJive for weeks. Only problems I really had was when push came out for a week or two.

8. intrepid00 macrumors 6502

I've used IM+ and BeeJive. IM+ is the Ford Pinto and BeeJive is the Mustang.

9. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

so......

10. donm527 macrumors member

he's trying to say that beejive is better. i have both and keep beejive on the phone. it loads faster and for me connects better. i kept both before because i was using skype often and im+ has it. i hope beejive will add skype.

11. outz macrumors 6502

watching the youtube videos demo the im+ voice recognition... it looks pretty nice. i wish beejive would add something like that.