I'm Dumb (AirPort Extreme/PC Wireless Problems)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by davekarn, Oct 4, 2007.

1. davekarn macrumors 6502

Sorry guys, but I have looked on the website on these discussion boards along with others and also in the AirPort Extreme help guide from my Mac. The only time that I have been able to establish an internet connection wireless from my Vista PC was when I made it a closed network through AirPort Utility on my iMac. This required me to put in the name of my network every time I wanted to reconnect along with reentering the password each time and wouldn't remember it for some reason.

I've tried no security, WEP, WPA/WPA2, different connection sharing options and anything else I could think of. I am able to connect to the AEBS through my PC but am unable to establish any internet connection through it. I hope that this is not asking a lot, but will somebody please give me a step-by-step, idiot proof guide for doing this, or point me in the direction to one? I've tried the ones on the Apple support site, but those don't seem to be helping me much. I appreciate any time that is taken into this matter and I thank you in advance for any info!

~Dave

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Firstly, have you tried repairing the connection from your PC by right-clicking on the network icon in the Taskbar?... Does your PC connect to other wireless networks (and their internet connections) easily? Does your PC have a specific set of proxy settings left over from a recent connection to a network that may be interfering? :)