Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
otherwise.

I'm sorry guys, I really did try to love this, but I just like it. And "like" isn't worth $800.

I've had it for 3 days and I just can't get past the feeling that this thing needs some time before it's fully fleshed out and groundbreaking, and by then Apple will already have the 2nd Gen iPad out with much more revolutionary features and a new OS.

Sorry.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
This is not something you should ask people to convince you of. I can hardly put my iPad down. My poor MBPro gets no more "Internet Cruising".

If the device does not float your boat now, I doubt it will later. A new OS will happen but it will not make a HUGE difference.

All I could ask for is the ability to sync some office files for use in the field but I did not expect the iPad to be much more than my Touch but has given me way more.

PsyD4Me

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
under your bed
different strokes for different folks, i always knew that this was not even a netbook replacement, the ipad is strictly for entertainment, maybe even 75% gaming

tunerX

Suspended
Nov 5, 2009
I am going to return mine too and wait for the 4th Gen iPad which will be twice as good as the 2nd Gen.

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
I'm going to return the underwear that I bought last week. Gave them a week, but the colors are just not right for this time of year....unless you all can convince me otherwise!!!

How ridiculous. Return your iPad and get on with your life.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Convince you? Seriously? Who gives a **** what you do?

AIRniloc

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2008
anozira
I'm going to return the underwear that I bought last week. Gave them a week, but the colors are just not right for this time of year....unless you all can convince me otherwise!!!

How ridiculous. Return your iPad and get on with your life.

+1

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
There is no reason for this thread. If you hate the iPad you hate it.
Return it, consider the restocking fee as a rental fee. Move on and buy something else. A Dell Mini 10V can be hacked to run os x (I have one) and they're $300. $300 + the restock fee still allows you to come out on top.

Why would we have to convince you to keep an $800 device?

wgary

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Everyone will be your BFF if you keep it. We will really come to appreciate your insights and charm. On the other hand, if you return it, we will lose all respect for you and never realize all that you could contribute to this forum.

So I would return it since we are Obviously all losers anyway.

barefeats

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2000
In the past, I kept myself busy with the iPhone when waiting for the Dentist to start drilling or my wife to finish shopping. The iPad's bigger screen and feature rich apps make waiting much more enjoyable and effective whether I'm browsing, emailing, making notes, checking scores, reading a book, watching a movie, or playing games.

It's definitely a people magnet. Whether we are at a restaurant, or the doctor, or at church, everyone who spots my wife or me using it walks over to us to say, "How do you like the iPad? What kind of things can you do with it? Blah blah blah." Many have interesting ideas of what they would do with it if they had one.

The iPad doesn't replace the iPhone. Nor does it replace the MacBook Pro. It is very useful device on its own. In the words of Scarface, "Say hello to my little friend."

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Are you not capable of THINKING for Yourself?

It's your call and I really don't care what you do!--)))

Can we do away with these posts requesting us to make up the OP's mind?--))) :rolleyes:

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
otherwise.

I'm sorry guys, I really did try to love this, but I just like it. And "like" isn't worth $800.

I've had it for 3 days and I just can't get past the feeling that this thing needs some time before it's fully fleshed out and groundbreaking, and by then Apple will already have the 2nd Gen iPad out with much more revolutionary features and a new OS.

Sorry.

Sorry, I really did try to love this thread, but I just like it. And "like" isn't worth my time.

I've read it for 10 seconds and I just can't get past the feeling that you need some time before you get to know yourself and what you need, probably BEFORE you buy something. But probably by then, another product will come out and you will go through the same thing again.

Sorry.

P.S.: In all seriousness, just return it. You don't need to tell us.

Jr1985

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2010
I don't understand people who buy one of the more expensive models, when they aren't even sure if they actually want one. Surely if you were having doubts, you would at least go for the least expensive model?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Wow. This is a lot of hate for a simple question. If you don't want to respond to the OP then don't. All this hate is pointless. :confused:

To the OP, if you cannot afford to keep it, then return it or sell it. I too am not 100% convinced but will keep using it and enjoying it until something better comes along, be it iPad2 or a DroidPad.

But unless you have a much more urgent need for the $710 you are getting back, I'd suggest keeping it and playing with it. You will still be able to sell it later and make most of your money back anyway.

My $.02. :D

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I don't understand people who buy one of the more expensive models, when they aren't even sure if they actually want one. Surely if you were having doubts, you would at least go for the least expensive model?

Exactly what I was thinking. "I just spent almost $900 on a 64GB 3G and I just don't get what's so great about it. I'm thinking of returning it." Hello!... Did you ever think about playing with one in the store first and doing some research?

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
antiprotest said:
Sorry, I really did try to love this thread, but I just like it. And "like" isn't worth my time.

I've read it for 10 seconds and I just can't get past the feeling that you need some time before you get to know yourself and what you need, probably BEFORE you buy something. But probably by then, another product will come out and you will go through the same thing again.

Sorry.

P.S.: In all seriousness, just return it. You don't need to tell us.

Good one :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.