I'm finding it exceptionally difficult to decide...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Sep 14, 2014.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Like a nerd, I've printed cardboard cutouts of the 6 and 6 Plus at a 1:1 ratio to try and get a better feel for the size. I've been picking them up and fidgeting with them all day. Here's the thing; I've never desired to have a bigger phone. I was fine with the 4, and when I got the 5, I wondered how I was so unbothered by the lack of interface estate. I love that the Plus offers full HD, but I don't watch many movies. I like the strong possibility that the Plus will offer somewhat
    -OT: Just got a notification from ESPN that Ray Rice is appealing his indefinite suspension from the NFL HAAH! Yeahh...- better battery life. I feel as if I'm having to choose a bigger phone simply for the enhanced features. The biggest concern is that I go to a many concerts and music festivals and always use my phone as my device. I am curious if holding the Plus will be more 'difficult' or 'awkward' (for lack of a better term for explanation) to hold above a crowd for extended periods of time. Not that it'll be too heavy by any means... I don't know, the 5 just fits in the palm of my hand so well.

I realize that no one except myself can truly know which decision is best, but can anyone offer some insight/opinions? Thanks! :apple:

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Go to the store and play with a Galaxy Note 3. It will give you an idea, although the iPhone 6+ will feel much nicer in your hand. At least size wise you can get a better grasp than a cardboard cutout.

3. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I got to toy with a 5.1 inch Android device today (can't remember what it was) and it felt pretty good as far as the whole is-it-too-big thing goes. I'm hoping that AT&T will have models on the floor on launch day. I'm almost certain the usually do...

4. sekazi macrumors 6502

When I was decided it came down to the following.

- Can I use the 6+ with a single hand easily? Often times I find myself pulling the phone out and using with a single hand. Answer no.

- Can the 6+ replace a iPad purchase in the future due to it having a bigger screen? The 6+ will not support iPad apps. Answer no.

- Will the 6+ easily fit in my pocket without being too bulky? Answer no.

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I agree in checking out some actual phones for size. One thing's for sure though, going from a small phone to a behemoth is going to require a whole new usage technique. You're going to have to employ two hands frequently. Will you adapt? Probably. Do you want to have to adapt, that's the question?

6. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Is the battery life of your 5 okay for you? If it is, then buying the 6 Plus just for battery life may not be the right call. My wife and I visited an AT&T store and asked them to let us handle a Note 3, and got a good sense for how a phone that size would feel to us. I understand that there are 6 Plus cases at the stores now too, so you may want to try playing with one of those to see how it feels too.

Ultimately, remember that whatever you get will feel "normal" to you after a few days if you give it a chance. I remember when I got my first Android phone (Samsung Skyrocket) and I thought it was huge. After a few days it didn't even cross my mind anymore. I went back and forth between Android and iPhones and I preferred the iPhone for the one-handed capabilities, but I was fine using 5" phones with some minor juggling when I needed to use one hand.

7. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I don't mind adapting. But I also never felt I needed a bigger phone (not that I would dislike it). But, although they are not significant, I'm thinking I want the features that the Plus offers over it's counterpart.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Get it and use it for a couple days then you can make the decision if you wanna keep it or not.

9. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Concerts...

Do you actually watch those concert videos?

How in the heck is filming worth it?