I'm freaking out guys.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeremy Gray, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Jeremy Gray macrumors regular

Okay, so I wasn't getting any bars at all in my house, but I could get some outside, and then when I was using my iPhone to write an email using Wi-Fi in my room, I got FULL service for about a minute and then it went away and didn't come back. Does that mean that maybe AT&T is having issues, or that because I'm a new customer things are spotty?

I mean, if I could get full four bars or however many it is for a minute, shouldn't I be able to get it for longer? Or at least get something all the time?

I'm so nervous, did I spend $600 on a phone I can't use at home...

2. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

Ummm, use your land line. :p

I hear you though. Just understand that for some reason celluar providers almost always limit service in residental areas. It's just one of those great mysteries of the Universe.

3. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

My t-mobile is the exact same way, very frustrating, which is why i am dumping them.

4. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

That is a very very common complaint that I hear from my friends who use AT&T (Cingular).

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have AT&T but no iPhone. I cannot get service at home which is why I got a land line. However, my Blackberry 8700e from work using sprint works perfectly. If I didn't like the whole sim card deal with AT&T and T-Mobile (which apparently suffers the exact same issues) then I would switch to sprint.

6. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

Were in the same boat. I got "No Service," then 5 bars in my house. After that though, I haven't really got to try out calls on the phone due to lack of reception in my house. However, I had AT&T before and this was the same way with my old phone with having no reception in JUST my house. Everywhere else I went reception was fine.

7. iphoneurope macrumors newbie

I don't think this issue related to you been new client, probably AT&T have some problems with their base station(s) in your area, they update database and register a lot of new users, so wait until tomorrow. To use EDGE you need at least -80dBm signal strenght.