I'm getting a 2011... QUESTION ABOUT EDU PRICING!!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RobinHood5, Jun 12, 2012.

1. RobinHood5 macrumors regular

Well I'm pulling the trigger on a 27" iMac with ALL of the bells and whistles (except 2tb HDD)

Im 15 and just finished high school and am going to college this fall. I'm planning on using education pricing but sense I haven't actually signed up for my classes yet I'm worried about the "random checks" they do online. I've heard that your not asked for student ID or anything right away but you can be asked later.

Anyone with any experience with this? If I do get asked for proof how long do I have to give them some? (I could sign up for my classes and send them my info)
    What are the changes actually to get asked for proof?(I'm not talking about telephone or in store. I'm ordering online.)

2. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

You're 15 and finished high school?:eek:?:cool:??

I really don't think you have to worry about a spot check, but if it does happen, I'm sure your acceptance letter would suffice as proof.

3. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

don't worry it'll be fine just order.

4. boto macrumors 6502

boto

I'm not sure if this applies, but you still remain a minor and should be referred to a parent to make your purchase. So as long as a responsible guardian places the order and fills out the required information, you should be fine (But if your paying through online, WHO CARES). Online orders will only request a fax of student fees or ID to validate your enrollment in a college (IF your one of the unlucky random few). In store purchases will request college ID and verbal info. Otherwise, on a curious note, did you skip grades or home schooled to get into college?

5. RobinHood5 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I'm planning on having my parents buy it. (their not paying for it though. Not a spoiled rich kid here) and I've decided to wait until after the ML release because of the new news of apple public relations saying that they had no intent of saying the iMac is set to come out in 2013.

Yes I am homeschooled and always kept up with my sister (2 years older than me) and then we both skipped a year of high school ( I hate saying I skipped a year because I really didn't, I just did the work early)
    I now can be dual enrolled in high school (I'm not legally graduating yet, no advantage to it) and do up to 3 college classes a semester at a locol college for free. I'm going to have my associates degree in computers and networking by the time I graduate high school totally free. I dont see why more people don't take advantage of higher education while their still in HS.