Im getting a bad buzzing sound when using mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by madmartigan, Apr 4, 2008.

1. madmartigan macrumors member

Okay this is my second penryn mbp pro and while everything on it is flawless, i have one small problem.

when ever I play a game such as wow, a buzzing sound will occur. It seems related to the gpu or logic board. I can hear the buzz with my volume halfway up as well. I also hear the buzz when scolling on the internet, if the site has any sort of pictures or graphics.

If i set the max fps on wow to 30 it will also reduce the buzzing noise a little?

I might keep this computer and return it when the sandy bridge processors come out?

Is it alright to have that buzzing noise? If it is my logic board or gpu, would it be anything to harmful to keep me from using it. Or is this not really a problem and me using it won't damage anything.

2. Mojoseph macrumors newbie

I had this problem on the xp side of my laptop until last night. Oddly enough all i did to fix the problem was to reinstall all the drivers with the boot camp disk. Make especially sure to reinstall audio drivers and the drivers for your wireless card because supposedly that is what causes it. Hope this helps even though its an obvious fix haha. I did this last night and no hiss or crack since.