Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Woo hoo! I'll be at the local Apple store when they open and, if they have what I want in stock I'll be walking out with a new iPad.

Wish me luck!

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Sorry to hear about your delayed pre-order. I hope it arrives immediately and you're totally happy with it!

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Oh the joy of opening up those nice white Apple boxes. Enjoy it. It's a very nice device.

seeharrison

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2011
I picked mine up last night and I love it! I upgraded from the iPad 1, so this is a huge upgrade for me.

dittman

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
I picked mine up last night and I love it! I upgraded from the iPad 1, so this is a huge upgrade for me.

I picked one up from a local Apple Store last night, too. I was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't even have bothered checking but I was at the mall anyway and there wasn't much of a crowd.

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Woo hoo! I'll be at the local Apple store when they open and, if they have what I want in stock I'll be walking out with a new iPad.

Wish me luck!

Since you said "a [sic] iPad" rather than "the new iPad" I'm guessing it's your first. As a lifelong Apple hater (Zune, no iPod!) whose only Apple experience was a IIe as a kid, it was a life changer. I bought my 1 last year before the 2 came out. We now have 3 iPads and 2 iPhones. Life changing, my Sandy Bridge laptop gets very little use. So convenient!

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Considering all the people returning the ones they wanted to resell, I won't think you'll have a problem!

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
How do you like it?

So far I love it! Waiting to get it home so I can sync it with my iPhone apps- dont want to use my data plan for that.

Oh.... No dead pixels .... No yellow tint .... No led back lights exposed!!!

I got the black leather smart cover and AppleCare.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
I've decided to buy one. I was at Walmart looking to see if they had stock there and they seemed to have plenty. Looked at that Apple packaging and got Apple fever. Probably head tomorrow to get a 32 wifi. The iPad 2 goes to the wife. :D

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Please tell me your iPad.

Haha, yes my new 64GB black AT&T 4G LTE iPad. In fact the postman brought me my Incipio black smart feather back. So now I'm totally encased in black!

No yellow tint, no backlighting bleeding, no hot back and no dead pixels.

ano0oj

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
Glad I preordered within a few hours of release...got it on the 16th morning :D

Didnt think apple would have this problem 3rd time around, but I guess it's a good way to keep demand up

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Haha, yes my new 64GB black AT&T 4G LTE iPad. In fact the postman brought me my Incipio black smart feather back. So now I'm totally encased in black!

No yellow tint, no backlighting bleeding, no hot back and no dead pixels.

Nice - glad you got a good one!

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Why did you get a black one?

My iPhone 4s is white and I wanted some variety. And I like the more generic appearance of it in black maybe for security reasons? Also I like the way the edges disappear when viewing at night.

It also accessorizes nicely with my Darth Vader wear.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
Oh the joy of opening up those nice white Apple boxes. Enjoy it. It's a very nice device.

You know, it's so true. After reading the auto biography of Steve Jobs, and reading on how anal reten... I mean exacting when it comes to their product packaging. I have to say it IS fun to open the damn boxes. Even something as simple as ATV.

I sold my iPad1 to a coworker, and had it all packaged up in the box etc and he seemed quite surprised (pleasantly) so even used, there is something nice about how it is packaged.

I just got my iPad this Friday, I too had to wait on shipment, I could have just cancelled my pre-order and walked into the store, but they bribed me with customer service in the form of a 45.00 rebate for the cost of my cover for the delay, I couldn't resist.

THE NEW iPad (wink) all in all a very beautiful looking device. SJ should have been proud of it. I don't notice much difference in weight from the first one, but I didn't hold it lots, usually had it in a cradle. The screen is very lovely also. I know people have been saying that they noticed HUGE performance difference between 1 and 3, but I have to say once iOS 5.1 hit the original iPad, it was very lively again, and I never really had much problems with Safari crashing on mine.

Enjoy!

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Wirelessly posted

I agree that the iPad is a beautiful device. HOWEVER whoever designed and approved the power charger design needs to look more to the iPad for design inspiration. The white rounded box shape looks so "1980 Braun Coffee Grinder". Is it possible Ives designed this charger???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.