im getting facebook+fring notifications but not from my account?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by radionickhead, Jan 20, 2010.

1. radionickhead macrumors regular

It seems quite strange, I don't know if its somehow related to Lockinfo, though I've had that on my phone for ages. But for the past 2-3 weeks I've been getting facebook notifications on my lock screen like "Tom Jones has just commented on your photo" or something and I don thave a Tom Jones as a friend, and no one has commented on a photo. Or like it will actually write out a full post on my wall, but it isn't actually my wall.
    Today it happened with fring as well, I was getting other notifications from fring on my lock screen.
    The funny thing is I tried disabling push notifications from facebook in my settings but im still getting these notifications..
    Any ideas?

2. rednano74 macrumors member

There was a glitch and a fix recently on AT&T's part about such. Did you try logging out then logging back in?

3. radionickhead thread starter macrumors regular

Im in the UK if that helps..
    and I've tried logging in and out but that hasnt particularly helped.

4. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

That was logging in to the wrong facebook.com. That had nothing to do with the app, notifications, or Fring.

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

There are multiple issues with jailbroken hacktivated phones and push. You using any profile managers or auto silent plug-ins?

6. radionickhead thread starter macrumors regular

Not that I know of...
    I know I had problems with push notifications but since downloading pushfix I've been alright...
    Anyway its no big deal I guess-I can leave with random notifications I guess :\