I'm getting my new iPod touch tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by paulashman, Sep 7, 2010.

1. paulashman macrumors newbie

Just been into my local store and pre ordered the new iPod touch, said they are getting them in lunchtime tomorrow. Hooray cant wait!!! :)

2. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

3. paulashman thread starter macrumors newbie

Western Computers (approved Apple retailers) in Swindon, UK.

4. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

Well now that's definitely interesting - I haven't spotted anyone in the UK yet, who has had their online order dispatched. They're definitely gonna have 'em in store tomorrow? - Did they mention if they'd had it confirmed by Apple?

Just curious 'cause my pre-order hasn't changed its status since I ordered, last Thursday.

5. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Odd I know that store and they don't usually get new apple products till a week later

6. paulashman thread starter macrumors newbie

Went in today and the manger said he had received confirmation they are arriving approx midday tomorrow, I will wait with baited breath!!!

7. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Interesting, I think id rather go to bath than have to go into Swindon though :)

8. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

Sounds promising - hope you manage to get your hands on one tomorrow. If you post up any thoughts / opinions on it, I promise to try and not turn green with envy :)

9. paulashman thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I hope he is right but guess just have to wait and see, i'll let you know tomorrow!

10. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

My mate works there, I've just txt him to find out!

11. rbf1138 macrumors 6502

If my local store gets them tomorrow and I buy one, can I return an unopened online preorder touch to the store directly? I'll just lose the shipping fee, but not have a restocking fee if it's sealed, right?

12. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

well thats just wrong! the people who preordered should get them first!!! note to self: never pre order from apple! i ordered mine as soon as the apple store was up and it still says not yet shipped but i was thinking maybe the UK online tracking is a bit slow?

13. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

Don't you have to send it back to the Apple online store, meaning you still have to pay for the shipping back? It's pretty dumb that you cannot return one at the physical store if you ask me.

14. maus macrumors regular

This is why I didn't bother preordering. I figured picking it up in store on release day would be faster than waiting for shipping.

15. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

well i thought when apple said it would be released next week and shipping in 5 to 7 days i thought it would be here soon!