Im getting my wife's calls

markel253

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2008
I noticed today that when my wife gets a call on her iPhone 5S running iOS 8 it also rings on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8. It also happens in the other direction - when I get a call it rings on her phone as well.

Checking settings I see that both phones have Handoff turned off. I don't believe that either has family sharing set up ... when I check in settings I see a line which says, "Set Up Family Sharing" ... it's the same on both phones.

Is there any way to turn off whatever is causing this?

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
My wife said she got a text from a female coworker. Coworker said I never sent that. Turns out, coworker's husband, who also works there sent it, to his wife. Try and figure that one out. All 3 have iPhones running iOS 8.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I noticed today that when my wife gets a call on her iPhone 5S running iOS 8 it also rings on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8. It also happens in the other direction - when I get a call it rings on her phone as well.

Checking settings I see that both phones have Handoff turned off. I don't believe that either has family sharing set up ... when I check in settings I see a line which says, "Set Up Family Sharing" ... it's the same on both phones.

Is there any way to turn off whatever is causing this?
Settings>Facetime>iPhone Cellular calls to OFF.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.