Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kungxpao

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Socal
Here's the details. I pre-order a gold iPhone from AT&T last week at midnight. Changed my mind after seeing some pics/vids of it and cancelled my pre-order. Got my cancellation confirmation email. Got my upgrade back and pre-ordered a silver iPhone 6 at apple.com. Now At&t and Apple sent me emails stating my phone have been shipped. Different tracking numbers so I know it''s different.

Currently on hold with At&t , but what the hell?

Last edited:

golfdude

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2005
Here's the details. I pre-order a gold iPhone from AT&T last week at midnight. Changed my mind after seeing some pics/vids of it and cancelled my pre-order. Got my cancellation confirmation email. Got my upgrade back and pre-ordered a silver iPhone 6 at apple.com. Now At&t and Apple sent me emails stating my phone have been shipped. Different tracking numbers so I know it''s different.

Currently on hold with At&t , but what the hell?

Why fight it...happened to a co-worker too, he showed me on his computer too. He is just going to let it play out, and return one or sell it. Usually ordering phones screws you, as it should, but you are one of the lucky few.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
they'll eventually find out and one or the other will charge you for the full price of the iPhone itself.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Highly unlikely they won't bill you for the "extra", whichever ends up being considered that one. You could likely sell it and profit though, so no real loss.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Interesting! Please let us know when you receive the phones. I'm genuinely curious to see if the packing slips say it's been paid or a total is due.

I have a feeling though that you will get charged unfortunately for both phones. Like someone said, you could always resell the Plus if you end up not wanting it and even if they do charge you, you might still be able to turn out a profit.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.