I'm getting so annoyed...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LithePanther, Oct 2, 2011.

1. LithePanther macrumors 6502

I have no clue what I'm screwing up so I'm hoping someone here can help me...

So, I use RedSn0w to jailbreak my iphone 4.3.5, and it goes just fine.

I install cydia tweaks ect. Then, I try and install a new tweak and instead of restarting the springboard, the only thing it lets me do is reboot my phone.

Without fail, every time this happens, my phone gets stuck at the apple logo screen and I have to restore it. I've just started for the 8th time and I am getting really tired of this crap.

What exactly am I supposed to do to keep from going through this problem? Obviously I'm missing something or no one would jailbreak their phone just to have to re-do it every few days...

Thanks.

2. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Just start redsnow again, and select boot tetheret now, and your phone will boot normal again. Remember, you have to do this everytime the phone wants to restart over after a install from cydia, but i dont know what will happen to what you have installed tho, sorry..

3. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

If you are on 4.3.5 and JB you must be using tethered. You can respring your phone but a reset is different. All you need to do is connect to redsnow and click boot in tethered. I think I had to do that a few times when I was on a tethered JB to set-up my phone…

**Beat me!**

4. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

That doesn't work. No matter how many times I try, it gets stuck at the exploiting step and stays on the apple logo.

5. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I think I remember I had to point redsnow at 4.3.4 and then boot tethered.

6. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

The only option it will give me is "Reboot device" Not restart or respring, but reboot. This is on the page where cydia tweaks get installed (the black screen)

----------

What do you mean point? As in select the 4.3.4 option and then hit "next"? because i've done that many times and it still doesn't work

7. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I "think" I had to connect phone and open redsnow, rebuild kernel then boot in tethered. It's been awhile that's all I can think of.

8. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

9. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

10. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I'll follow that guide when I re-jailbreak but I'm pretty certain that i'm doing the right one

11. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Well, there's always snowbreeze then, you can try that if you like with 4.3.4 and latest of snowbreeze.. then you start itunes, and hold shift and select the ipsw you just created, it should be on your desktop, then sit back and relax, all will go normal.. :)

12. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

13. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

If I install OpenSSH is it possible to go into the phone and force it past the apple logo?

If so, can you explain how to me (or point me to a VERY simple guide)?

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Restore and jb again.
    4.3.5 is a tethered jb. So u have to boot tethered each time your phone shuts off. It works for everyone else.
    Research a little and use the right programs for your device and firmware version.

15. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

I did exactly what the redsn0w application said.

I'm not an idiot - I know it's a tethered jailbreak, which is why i'm getting annoyed that I'm booting it tethered using redsn0w and it just keeps going back to the apple logo.

16. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Well spoken man.

+1

17. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502