I'm glad I switched to a Mac

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jessep28, Sep 2, 2007.

1. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

I have been pulling my hair trying to fix my cousins Dell that's having network problems due to a virus. It won't assign an IP address even with several Winsock repairs. I am about ready to say screw it and tell her to just do a system restore.

Anyways, in the midst of numerous file transfers moving Spybot and other programs over to test her machine to my flash drive, I keep telling myself thank goodness I switched to a Mac a year ago.

That is all.

2. 66217 Guest

That makes me remember the movie "The Devil Wears Prada".:p

But yes, Macs are a godsend for people who don't want to waste half the time making a computer work. It just works! (most of the times)

3. tartsquid macrumors regular

tartsquid

The last time I went home I had to reconnect our router after a tech person told my mom to disconnect it in order to make our internet work on her new computer. I tried in vain to get her Dell to recognize the router set up to no avail, so she had to spend another two hours on the phone with various tech support companies (to Dell and Microsoft and Comcast, etc) before it was fixed.

I was sure to let her know that if she had bought a Mac (instead of a Dell with the same specs as my iMac but a higher price) then I could have handled it and had the network up and running with no calls needed. Sigh.

4. jessep28 thread starter macrumors 6502

jessep28

It's the fact that these things just work is what appeals to me.

I would probably be amazed to see how much time I wasted trying to get various machines to work and/or doing system restores. I always seem to be one who get's a curve ball thrown at me in terms of some problem that nothing seems to be able to fix.

I am a geek at heart sometimes but spending hours trying to fix phantom problems is why I went to school for accounting vs. IT. That and I could never program.

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Issues like that always make me grateful that I use a Mac as well. :) :apple:

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

To be honest, I found it a little boring when I switched to Mac. I *love* updating and running defrag, just tweaking the computer. Now the Mac takes care of it all.
    I'm being completely honest too. Used to just run YASU for kicks. :eek:

Gotta say though my XP side on my iMac is fine. The iMac has brought me the best Windows experience yet :D

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Are you by chance running a temperature? :confused: :p ;)

Oh, the irony! :D :)