Im going crazy waiting for the legit 2G jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by DollarsAndGirls, Feb 12, 2009.

1. DollarsAndGirls macrumors member

i really really really want to jailbreak it but im afraid of messing up my ipod touch 2G. ive read dozens of posts by people saying that after they jailbroke their touch, they had some problems with it.

anybody have any clue when the untethered one will come out?

2. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

even if you do have problems jsut restore. the untethered isnt coming out for a while so dont hold your breath

3. blackbelt534 macrumors regular

I jailbroke and I'm having no problems what so ever. It's just like before, just more extras:D

4. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

I also jailbroke mine with no problems whatsoever.

5. Mac2Crack macrumors newbie

Mac2Crack

I think I'm gonna try mine this weekend, I was just reading about a new semi-tethered version. "redsnow lite semi 102".

6. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

'legit jailbreak'

What a strange world we live in!

7. Munix88 macrumors member

You won't have problems as long as you follow the directions correctly. There's some great step by step instructions at the ipodtouchfans.com Forums.http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172 Just find the tut' for whichever kind of system you're on (looks like PC?). Also be prepared to lose all your songs,etc. so make sure your junk is backed up.

If you're a more visual person or have problemos then check this YouTube vid for some hot jailbreaking tips. It's quite helpful.

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

this is a legit jailbreak....... do you think some people got together called themselves a dev team and just threw out any old method?

the people who released the official jailbreak for 2g spent MONTHS looking for a way to jailbreak the 2g and you think it's not a "legit jailbreak"?

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, according to the people who released redsn0w lite, this is an "unsupported" jailbreak.
    http://redsn0w.com/

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

yeh but it's still an official jailbreak, don't forget this is a free jailbreak they are not oblidged to support redsn0w

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Sure, "legit" isn't the word I'd have chosen, but I think it's not hard to understand what the OP meant -- a full jailbreak without tethering.