I'm Going Insane!!! NEW LOGIC BOARD DEAD!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aaron.lee2006, Apr 28, 2007.

1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

My MBP has been down at a local store for repair for 2 weeks today and it is still not done!! I am going crazy without my computer! If comes back with problems I think I should be getting a replacement after 2 weeks... don't you agree?

Logic Board replacement this time!!!

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

how many times have you had to get it in for repairs?

3. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

2 + a MagSafe Adapter

But it went in for many issues this time.

Whine
    Heat
    Pixels
    Display Hinge
    Audio Jacks

4. noaccess macrumors 6502

Look at the bright side. Yup, in most cases you qualify for a free replacement/upgrade, and the odds of receiving another crappy MBP aren't high... if you're prepared to get on the phone with an Apple tech support guy and start taking out all your anger on him.

Don't forget to say the magic words: "This is unacceptable!".
    Or maybe they'll just offer to replace it before you say anything.

5. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I'm not greedy either. I'm not going to be like GIVE ME CORE 2 DUO JERK! I'll take another 1.83 CD. But if they offer the C2D then obviously I would take it. But i doubt they would.

6. noaccess macrumors 6502

I'm just speculating here...
    Thing is, you might be in luck. Apple's Core Duo stock ran out ages ago. About the only places you can still buy CD macs are: refurbished (from Apple), third party stores selling used stuff or third party stores selling them at full price as if they were the latest version.

Given your, I'd say, pretty bad experience with Apple, they wouldn't really risk making it worse by not giving you a brand-new C2D computer. Fact is, you deserve it, and if you don't get the quality of customer service you deserve, they assume you'll (and everyone else who hasn't had a reasonable experience with them) probably tell other people what happened. I'm not saying you're greedy, but Apple was voted the company with the best customer care, which means they want to keep their clients happy, and if they want to do that, it's perfectly reasonable on their part that they offer you a C2D Macbook Pro as a replacement.

Hope things work out great for you.

7. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

That would be an awesome plus but it is a refurbished MBP anyway so they might give C2D anyway. One negative though. they already think I'm a complainer because of all my iPod problems: I guess we'll see because i am definitely sure it is going to come back with problems like usual.

8. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Chances are you'd get a C2D MBP if you were to get a replacement system; which is what I'd be asking for in your situation.

9. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I'm glad to see some positive members posting. Normally when I post these kind of threads I get the usual YOU ABUSE APPLE PRODUCTS! I really hope I get a replacement if it comes back with problems. Thank you for the support!

10. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I know what is like to get a product from Apple that never works right. 2 years ago i bought a refurbished Silver iPod Mini from the Apple Store and 2 days after receiving it, the screen died. They replaced that one with another refurb, and at the end of July the click wheel on that one died. So once again, I sent it back and got another one, but at the end of October that one died again too. I was so upset, so I asked if they would replace it with a Nano. The lady told me yes, but I called back to see an update and unfortunately I was told that I was getting antoher Mini. However, this last Mini worked perfectly fine until I traded it for a White Nano, and from what I have been told the Mini still works great.

11. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

Because the voice on the other side of the phone isn't a person and they don't have feelings like the rest of us. It's ok to curse and swear and yell at the voice because it's not a real person any way.

Smart kid...

12. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

You have to send it in 3 times for the same issue before you can qualify for a replacement.

13. SWC macrumors 6502

When I had those customer oddly enough my phone seemed to drop the call.

14. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Oddly enough my PC phone has recording facilities and somehow a copy of it always ends up with the CSO's boss.

15. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I think I have a way to get a replacement. I will go on about how I can't run my business without it and that I can't keep sending it in for repair or else my business won't survive.

16. SWC macrumors 6502

I was never reprimanded for disconnecting an a**hole.

They get a warning to stop then get cut off or sometimes you cut it off right in the middle of you speaking calmly etc it can be played off perfectly they must have been on their cell phone and dropped signal.

17. SWC macrumors 6502

This has nothing to do with how I would handle this in a professional manner but if you rely on 1 machine to run your business and have no contingency plan you have bigger problems.

18. CV4 macrumors member

Calm down sparky.

And don't say you can't run your business without it, because they will just say that is bad planning on your part.

Also, talk to the repair guys and tell them to hurry the **** up.

19. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

lol no... if it comes back with more problems i want a new one.

20. RaMaz macrumors regular

RaMaz

21. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Or have a problem that can't be repaired in a decent amount of time.

Apple has been back ordered on eMac logic boards [ones that had the leaky capacitors and fell under the extended repair program] in the past in which case the customer would have to wait at least 2 months for the part to come in. In those rare cases Apple has replaced their machines with iMacs [G5's most likely] because they don't have any more eMacs laying around.

22. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

You got that right.

23. noaccess macrumors 6502

And you thought I was serious in that post because...
    Nevermind.

24. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Just got my MacBook Pro back with many problems:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

NEW LOGIC BOARD DEAD!!!

Last repair then I get a replacement. But since it is a refurb I will only be getting another refurb 1.83 or whatever they have available.

I just started up and tried to do the battery update I got a kernel panic. Before i could even restart. It apparently has nothing to do with the update because I tried booting it without the battery and the superdrive keeps cutting out making that sound on start up and it never boots it just keeps turning on and off. Apple says that there is a bad power source going from the logic board to the components of the system.

25. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

If you wanted a replacement before, I think now's the time to start asking.