I'm Going iPhone 6 Case Shopping In Hong Kong

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by boltjames, Sep 20, 2014.

1. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Well, my phone may be waiting for me in New Jersey but that doesn't mean I miss out on all the fun.

Anyone have any recommended locations where a large assortment of cases might be found? I'll post pics of my findings.

BJ

2. thewhitetower macrumors regular

thewhitetower

I'm currently in HK too...and my iP6 waiting for me at home when back...visited the Apple Store and picked myself up a product RED Silicone case (nice feel) but wandering the streets I didn't really see any shops selling loads of cases...if any locals know any secret spots in Kowloon or HK island that would be great

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

How are you liking it so far? Does it pick up lint or stain easily?

4. dancedreamfly macrumors member

I'd say hit up any of the computer centres such as:
    Mongkok Computer Centre
    Golden Computer Arcade (Sham Shui Po)
    Wan Chai Computer Centre

All of them are accessible via MTR.

5. Pat too macrumors member

6. boltjames thread starter macrumors 68040

boltjames

Went to Morton's for dinner in Kowloon and covered the Nathan Road area extensively.

I found several cases of many shapes and sizes including one shop that had almost every Spigen case, so I was able to reach some conclusions about many of them. I must've seen 50 different case types in all.

Clearly there are cases that go out of their way to showcase the iPhone 6 thinness and then there are cases designed for protection. Many of the cases are nothing more than plastic shells that look fantastic but will do nothing to prevent a chip or a crack or a bend from a drop. Of the cases that you offer protection, you have your gummy types and your bumper types.

In the end, I decided to go with the more protective types. It's inevitable that I will drop my phone here and there and I can't have my phone crack because a back shell offered me no protection. I went to the Chungking Mansions shops and found some really inexpensive clear and grey tinted gummy TPU cases that I will give a try to, they showcase the phone's thin design but still offer a modicum of drop protection. The Spigen Neo Hybrid EX bumper that I bought last week is still looking like the best solution for both worlds, showing off the case and being protected.

BJ