I'm going to buck the trend.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lowonthe456, Jul 22, 2009.

1. lowonthe456 macrumors 6502

I got my 3GS on launch day and was new to AT&T as well.
    I read the forums and was prepared for a less than stellar
    relationship with the carrier.

This past weekend I went on a vacation to So Cal (from Phx,AZ).
    We used maps on my iPhone to guide us and the service was great!
    In the low desert waste land in western AZ I lost 3g but had full bars
    on Edge nearly all the way there (mountainous valleys saw service interuptions
    but my gf on Verizon had no service there either.

The ENTIRE time I was on SoCal (more specifically Disneyland, Huntington Beach and Venice Beach), I had no less than 4 bars on 3G.

So I will buck the trend and say that my service with AT&T has been very good. That said I am continually pressed with my iPhone 3gs. I am hoping the os 3.1 brings tweeks for better batter life and other little things but I'm extremely happy, in fact if I didn't need a computer to do updates,
    and I could add a keyboard and monitor I would own a computer at all!

That's all I got.

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I too have been nothing short of thrilled with my experience thus far with AT&T and the iPhone.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Me too. You're really not bucking the trend though, since lately we've been getting some good posts about AT&T (when people forget about us still not having MMS and tethering, that is).

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I have had excellent service with AT&T while living in DC and Boston and have done just as well with them as my gf has with Verizon while traveling elsewhere in the northeast. No complaints, and actually, I wouldn't switch to verizon even if they had the iphone and I weren't in contract. Verizon is just as expensive and has worse customer service, in my experience (had them for several years before the iphone).

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ AT&T throughout SoCal (San Berdo, LA, Riverside, San Diego, North San Diego, Orange County and other counties, etc.), from the Coachella Valley all the way up to the Greater San Francisco Bay Area has excellent coverage with 4-5 bars and 3G coverage throughout the drive along I-10, I-5, I-15, I-215, I-8, I-80, Hwy 99, I-580, I-205, I-680 and so on; there are some areas of EDGE network and a spot or two within the Grapevine that lose coverage, but overall a most excellent experience....:cool::cool::cool:

If only I could get the same coverage in my HOUSE!!!:mad::mad::mad:

7. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Aside from a problem on my account, ive had exceptional service with thier 3G and everything iPhone. Im a happy camper. Then again, ive never had a problem with any carrier. :D

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

"That's all I got."

Well, you better have photos of your trip to Disneyland, doggoneit. Let's see them!

9. lowonthe456 thread starter macrumors 6502

^lol

I was very surprised at how good the coverage was all over.
    And I'd attach pics I've not been successful in figuring that out from my iPhone

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Hold the Home button and push the sleep/wake.

And I'll continue to promote AT&T in the Northern Virginia/DC area. Flawless 3G coverage everywhere I go (except work; it's infuriating here...).

11. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I have good experiences with AT&T service. I live in Ohio and I have worked on projects in FL and Boston. I have always had good 3G service.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

13. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I've never had problems with AT&T. I was even a customer when they were still Cingular.

14. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

NY
    MI
    FL
    NC
    SC
    GA
    VA

no prob