I'm going to jailbreak my friends iPhone 4... got some quick questions.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LiveFreeDie, Dec 13, 2010.

1. LiveFreeDie macrumors regular

I have my 3GS jailbroken with jailbreakme.com so I haven't used limera1n yet but I found a guide on http://www.iclarified.com/ and it seems simple enough.

So my questions are these, will I have any issues jailbreaking his iPhone 4 on my computer that has my itunes on it? The only reason why i'm asking because on the guide video I watched itunes popped up in DFU mode... just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be an issue with itunes trying to sync or something his phone on my computer.

Another question would be is there anything I should know jailbreaking an iPhone 4 over a 3GS?

Thanks for any help.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Nope. You can actually just close out itunes after it opens. It has nothing to do with the jailbreaking process. Limera1n is super simple.

3. LiveFreeDie thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick response.:)

One more question ive been reading on here people talking about the iphone baseband and such. Is that only something I would have to worry about if the phone wasn't unlocked?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Whatever the baseband of the iPhone is, determines it could be unlocked or not using ultrasn0w. Like the iPhone 4 4.1 baseband 2.10.00 can't be unlocked.

When you use LimeRa1n to jailbreak, iTunes will open up saying the iPhone is in DFU mode (it won't affect the jailbreaking).