Im going to need a case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brosmooth, Apr 25, 2009.

1. brosmooth macrumors member

brosmooth

Im going to get a umbp 15" soon, and i want to protect this thing like fort Knox, well not that much but you get my point.
    right now i have a umb with an incase sleeve thing but i feel like all it does is kind of pad it and not really protect it if something were going to happen.
    I want to get a sturdy, like hard case thats not bulky and will keep my computer nice and cozy... and safe.

any recommendations? i don't think i want to spend more than $50, ive looked around and im not really sure

2. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I have the uMBP 15" and I'm using Speck Satin. It protects my uMBP very well and not a single scratch that I could find.

3. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Default response to another person asking about hard cases. Incase, speck, techshell, macally. Most will say go Incase b/c its really good and will say speck scratches ur mac, and others will say speck is good and hasnt scratched their mac....then some will say get a macally shell, or techshell. Then you ask if the other shells that dont have holes in the bottom let the mac cool or not. Some say they do, some say they dont. So now you know it all.

4. sm0 macrumors regular

beautifully said..

5. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

6. S-Man macrumors regular

S-Man

I currently have the speck black satin see-through on my 15" UMBP, and it seems to work great. I've taken it off a couple of times and can't see any friction points. I guess we'll see over the long run...