I'm going to place my order right now but.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deepy, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. deepy macrumors regular

    Jun 28, 2006

    1) Does Apple online store (UK) take multiple payment methods (ie half on 1 card, half on the other?)
    2) Does anyone think that a Merom Macbook will be out in the next few days (cos i'm fed up of f***ing waiting!!!!!)

  2. poppe macrumors 68020


    Apr 29, 2006
    Woodland Hills
    My guess is the 26th. Its a photo event. which would make alot of sense since Apple released the 17" at a Broadcasting even in May oh but my guess is soley to MBP...

    I think we'll see Merom MB in January or something but I have no evidence or really much reason behind this. Just a feeling. Also to take note is that Santa Rosa could come out in january so.... perhaps i'm wrong about Merom MB
  3. balamw Moderator


    Staff Member

    Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    Just wait until next Tuesday. You never know what they'll do, we could see a whole new MBP despite the rumors to the effect that they've been delayed till 07...

    We could even see a PB G5 or an iTablet. :p

  4. deepy thread starter macrumors regular

    Jun 28, 2006

    "At this time, Apple can only accept one form of payment per order."

    Think i'll have to wait. To be honest I dont care about any new releases other than a macbook with merom. And with a 7 day shipping period in the UK, i have to order ASAP to get it in time for university.
  5. chrisblore macrumors regular

    May 10, 2004
    Essex, UK
    I don't believe it does I'm afraid, according to the payment stage on the UK Online Store.

    There may very well be an announcement of a Macbook on Tuesday 12th September at the Apple Media Event. On the other hand, there may not. I too have been waiting a fair while to get a Mac and was all set to pull the trigger on a 20" iMac earlier this week. Low and behold, Apple launched the new Merom iMacs and I will soon be the proud owner of a 20" iMac Core 2 Duo and I would have been kicking myself had I bought one of the older models.

    In short, you've waited this long, you might as well wait another few days to see if anything comes up on Tuesday.
  6. pianoman macrumors 68000


    May 31, 2006
    i don't think you can do this online but i'd try calling. an actual person might be able to do it instead of a computer. although i suppose they just look at the same screen you do when you place your order. good luck anyway.
  7. deepy thread starter macrumors regular

    Jun 28, 2006
    Due to the fact I cant get enough funds in 1 account alone until Monday, i'll be waiting til tuesday to order! I hate waiting!!!
  8. FFTT macrumors 68030


    Apr 17, 2004
    A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
    Just set up a wire transfer sale BY PHONE and wire the funds from your bank.
  9. generik macrumors 601


    Aug 5, 2005
    Santa Rosa out in January?

    Really? Intel said it would be delayed, now it is more like "1st half of 2007"
  10. deepy thread starter macrumors regular

    Jun 28, 2006
    Do you think something like this could possibly happen on tuesday?

    They'll announce merom in the top end Macbooks only and then make the lowest macbook not eligible to the iPod rebate promotion?

    I think maybe this cant happen though because they already have the promotion and the date it finishes - they cant just change the promotion inbetween i guess.

    Oh well i dont care - i'm ordering a macbook on tuesday whatever happens. i've waited since about 2 or 3 weeks before WWDC and its been longggggg enough now.
  11. dmw007 macrumors G4


    May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    I doubt that the MacBooks will be updated this coming week (MacBook Pros perhaps). :)

Share This Page