I'm going to purchase Super Monkey Ball...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pain, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Pain macrumors regular

Because a lot of people have told me that it now works in Canada, if you buy it via gift card. Should I give it a shot?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

cant harm to try, end of the day if it goes wrong just get on the phone and get a refund if they take money off you

3. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

My review: Buy Crash or Crag Mag... super monkey ball is way to diffulct. I can't play it.... :(

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Unless if you really want it, then I would consider another game, the steering is extremely difficult and there is no way to adjust it (yet). You have to be sitting still (can't be on a bus, in a car, or on a train) for it to work, it is just too sensitive for a mobile game.

5. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

... It does take a while to get used to, but once you get the hang of controlling it, it gets fun. But like JML42691 said, you'd have to be sitting still and be concentrating on the game.

6. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

SMB is a GREAT GAME, too! It'll frustrate you, though...

7. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

Man did you get the gift card to work. I bought a $20 one just for that reason and i am waiting to spend it.

8. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I bought it yesterday and regret it. It's IMPOSSIBLE to control.

I can't even launch it today. I click on it, it shows the screen, then the sega screen, then goes back to my home screen.

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

yea, try crash bandicoot. cro-mag is kinda retarded, since they make you press the F or R in the left corner, in order to move forward. crash bandicoot takes up the least space and has the most tracks to race on. cro-mag is also a bit cheaper, its 6 bucks now.

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'd also warn against it, it's very difficult to control and doesn't appear to save your progress.

Was it really not available in Canada until now? :eek:

11. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

No you can't use giftcards to buy any apps in Canada due to a special "tax law" even though Apple's site says you can.

12. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I have a Canadian iTunes account with a Canadian credit card and I bought it on launch day. As did many of my Canadian friends. It's been available the entire time.

Edit: by "it" I mean Super Monkey Ball. I love it, but I am stuck about halfway through. People have beaten it though, so it's not impossible. I like it more than Crash. Crash is fun, but the framerate gets sluggish sometimes... SMB is smoooooooth :)