I'm going to tear out my hair.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Han Solo 1, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

I'm on 8.1. I'm using the latest version of TaiG jailbreak tool (2.4.3).

When I plug in and run the tool as administrator, it gives me some BS about "TaiG recommends you to use TaiG Pro to upgrade your device" and then the website. The "Start" button is grayed out.

But when I use and older version of TaiG, it says I need to update my drivers (They are up to date).

What the hell?

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

If you are on iOS 8.1 you need version 1.2.1 of TaiG.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How hard is it for some people?
    When you open up the JB program and right on the top with big letters says TaiG jailbreak tool (2.4.3) for iOS 8.1.3-8.4
    And you're trying to jb iOS 8.1 and can't figure out why its not working?

Attached Files:

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

For the driver issue you could try installing this.

5. Han Solo 1, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015

Han Solo 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've tried using 1.2.1, doesn't work. It keeps saying driver anomaly, though my drivers are up to date. I've re-installed iTunes 3 times, no dice.

Confirmed using 1.2.1. Doesn't work. Gives me the usual ****** driver anomaly problem.

6. Han Solo 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Tried that, and it gets stuck at the end on "seeking".

7. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

THIS is why jailbreaking has a negative stigma. It's gaining access to the root system and then making changes, and the jailbreak GUIs of late have made for easy work of it from those just wanting the novelty of doing what they hear about others doing. I liken jailbreaking to someone who knows nothing about cars opening their hood, and taking the bolts off their engine head cover and opening up the engine. Then every tweak is making a modification inside the internals of the engine. I know nothing about cars, so I'd never even think to do that. Why people who don't grasp the fundamentals of technology and how root access works do it and then complain when they can't figure something out is beyond me. This user is exactly why Apple discourages jailbreaking.

8. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Try uninstalling everything iTunes and Apple software related. Then try running the iTunesDrivers file. If that doesn't work, proceed to reinstall iTunes.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's only gotten this complicated in the last few jailbreaks. Every prior jailbreak pretty much just worked if you followed the instructions on screen before starting.

Now we have to do it on a Tuesday with a full moon in the fifth month of the monkey. While standing on our heads with our eyes closed.

It's not that the complexity increased, it's that the JB devs aren't quality checking the tools before they post them online.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I might still have the version of TAIG I used to jailbreak my iPhone and my wife's iPhone on the Windoze machine at work. She is on 8.1.1 and I'm on 8.1.2. But I can't get to it until tomorrow.

I didn't have any issues with it.

11. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

I don't think it's about quality. The tools are developed on a PC, and written to be used on a PC. We're Mac users, so they were not developed for us. Surely they didn't design them on a virtualization of Windows.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't like that they do that, but I want my jailbreak more. So, as long as they continue to use PC that's the machine I use to jailbreak. There is a machine I have at work that I have used for PC jailbreaks since one of the jailbreaks for iOS 5. Almost every jailbreak since has been a PC jailbreak and I've used this PC for it.

I've never had any issues except jailbreaking 8.3 on my iPhone 5. Took me two days and two different versions of iTunes. I've never had that level of trouble before.

13. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Agreed 100%. PC has 90% market share. If anyone is surprised that jailbreaks are usually first released for Windows, they ought to go back to common sense class. If you're going to make a product for the widest possible use, you make it for the largest target audience. 90% vs 10%. ... no brainer. It's us Mac users who aren't the norm, not the jailbreak apps.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I agree with this, but my point wasn't so much PC/Mac, but the fact that only with the last jailbreak has there been issues like this - on PC.

Past jailbreaks have worked just fine the first time on PC as long as you followed the instructions (airplane mode on, passcode off, find my iPhone off, etc). But even with all that, the recent jailbreaks for 8.3./8.4 are rarely working without problems.

15. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Yeah, we all got more than we paid for... so until the guy who comes up with the JB charges $20 to download and Jailbreak, we can't really complain about not getting what we paid for, hehehehehheehe

16. Han Solo 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I'll try that today. I appreciate your help.

17. Han Solo 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

True. I remember jailbreaking with no problems on ios 5, 6, and I think 7. I went to android for a while, got sick of the lags and freezes, came back to Apple, and it's not such a one-shot easy thing anymore.

Oh well. At least jailbreaking is still possible.

18. Han Solo 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Success!

The key was downgrading to iTunes 12.0.1, and then re-installing the drivers. Jailbreak successful.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The version 2.4.3 will never ever ever work with 8.1 obviously.
    So you don't try that at all and find the version that does work with the ios thats on your phone.
    And then troubleshoot why it's not functioning and find solutions instead of saying nothing works.

20. Han Solo 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

OR maybe you can try reading the last comment before typing your furious reply.

21. Applejuiced, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There is no furious reply, you're the one tearing your hair out with your JB issues. Not me :D
    If you did some research prior you could have figured out a solution since this has been out for a long time now and you wouldn't have attempted to use incompatible programs.