I'm going to the mac universe(but not now)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mac knight, Sep 10, 2010.

1. mac knight macrumors newbie

Hi

i own a windows 7 dell xps m1530 (from last year but it came with vista) it's really great never had a problem with the it (i mean the laptop itself) but i did have problems with windows,lot of people say that vista is buggy but i don't think so because the only problem with it is that it's really slow at booting and when i upgraded to 7 it fixed the slow boot problem now it's really fast,and now since 3 members of my family have macs i thought i would buy one too,but the problem is that i don't know what should my macbook pro have (features) so i will tell you my dell's specs:

capacity:448GB used space:177GB free space:270GB

processor:intel core 2 duo T6400 @ 2.00GHz it is 15.4 inch

RAM:4GB (3.50 usable) my laptop is kinda slow but when i used MBP (my aunt's) with 4GB RAM it was fast

so now here are my questions:what is the difference between 2.4GHz and 2.66 GHz.
    and is there really a big difference between intel core 2 duo and i5 and i7.

and what is the difference between all the displays (glossy-hi res glossy-hi res anti-glare) because i want 15 or 13 inch.

so now my last question whick MBP should i get that is perfect for me (while using the fact how many GB i use and the processor)

and i hope they lower their prices because i am going to buy it when they release the macbook pro 2011

PS:do you know where i can get macbook cheaper (but also original) than apple.

2. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

2.4 VS 2.66 is not that big a deal in terms of speed... but the architechture behind the chips is the difference. I beleive the 2.4 is the Core 2 Duo.. .while the 2.66 is a i7 chip. The i7 series is superior. In other words sometimes the # of GHZ is misleading.

The leap from Core 2 Duo to i5/i7 series is big. Worth the $$.

Antiglare isn't "Shiney" and tends to have more realistic colors. You do not see your reflection in this screen, or have to worry about light reflections bouncing of your screen.

Glossy looks like glass. The colors are "Deeper" and the Blacks are "Darker". They look great, and often make things appear much more "Graphically Enhanced"... but your trade off is that you often have reflections on your screen... and the colors dont look the same when printed.

I have had both glossy and anti glare. The gloss was impressive at first when it was first coming out... but having to move my screen around to get rid of the reflections got old. Anti-glare is the way to go for me now.

The prices aren't really going to go lower. Apple pretty much keeps their prices static and just upgrades the hardware at the same price point. So don't wait for that. If you are in school you can take advantage of the education discount, which is pretty good.

As far as which you should get.... any base line "Mac" will work for most people. But it really boils down to what you want. I don't think anyone can tell you which to get.

3. Warbitrary macrumors regular

15" and 17": 2.4GHz, 2.53Ghz, 2.66GHz are all i5/i7

13": 2.4GHz, 2.66GHz are Core 2 Duo