im gonna be a new customer to at&t and...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DAneil808, Jul 17, 2009.

1. DAneil808 macrumors member

and am i able to buy the iphone 3g s 16 gb and the two year contract with cash? some people say they can buy it with jsut cash and some say they couldnt. also im gonna buy it from the at&t store if that matters.

2. John89 macrumors regular

I believe from what I have read, that you need to pay by card in the AT&T stores. You can use cash at an apple store though.

3. DAneil808 thread starter macrumors member

if i buy it from the apple store..

if i buy it from the apple store will they set up my account easily and as well as the at&t workers or could i just go to the at&t store near my house, set up the account and thne go to the apple store and purchase the 3g s with cash

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not just go to the apple store and have your account setup there and buy the phone. for the record, I'm not so sure that all apple stores accept cash, so before you decide upon that course of action, call your local apple store and confirm this fact.

If you don't have a debit card or a credit card, why not ask your parents/friends who have one to pay for it, and you give them the cash.

5. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

It's hard to argue with cash. I walked into the ATT store and bought the iPhone 3G, a case, and a car charger with cash. I do not remember being asked for a credit card for the monthly payments at all.