I'm guessing Apple Corp. is 80,000 day persons.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iolinux333, Mar 23, 2014.

1. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

The sort of person that does well in a giant corporation like Apple is a "morning person." Night people who are very bright try to gravitate to other stuff, or end up dying young 'cause they're so sleepy and stressed out from being forced to work with the morning persons.

I just got back from a night drive with the phone on my dash as usual, and I have the following suggestion for all the 80,000 morning persons at Apple:

Will you PLEASE hire some night people to fix the awfulness of trying to use ios7 at night, for example,

1. Glaring bright white everywhere sucks ass at night. Oh my nothing like having my night vision destroyed whenever I look at something on my phone.

2. Iphone 5s won't get dim enough. Iphone 5 gets barely dim enough to live on the dash.

3. Auto brightness no longer stays all the way down. It used to stay all the way down in 7.0x, but since 7.1 it creeps up all the time and won't stay back down. I'm pushing it back down every 10 minutes here. Do I have to go to manual mode now when it used to work perfectly?

4. Apple Maps night mode is still way too bright. Please see CoPilot for how to do night mode well. CoPilot caters to truckers and understands people who drive at night. Please make anything not pertinent black when it's nighttime, rather than blue and green.

5. Ya, can someone get on the horn over to Google and tell them to turn night mode on in Google Navigation after sunset? Google maps is all bright white, all the time. The android version has a night mode. WTF Google?

6. Bright white sucks at night! Did I mention that yet?

Morning persons have been torturing me since I was a child. I hate them.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

settings > general > accessibility > increase contrast > reduce white point

3. iolinux333 thread starter macrumors 68000

I did that the moment I went to 7.1. It ain't enough.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Did you also choose "darken colors" as well?

5. iolinux333 thread starter macrumors 68000

I just checked, thanks for the suggestion but it's already on too.

6. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

I think it maybe cheaper for APPLE if you switched to a competitor, then hiring an employee just for you..... just a thought....

7. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Are you on 7.0.x? If so, jailbreak and install Eclipse. It will pretty much save your eyes in the stock apps. I also agree, iOS 7 is horrid with its color scheme, but luckily we have jailbreak devs to fix the tons of problems with this iOS version.

Edit: Oh sorry, I read you're on 7.1 :/

8. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Or or or... They could allow Flux on the App store.

9. white4s Suspended

10. iolinux333 thread starter macrumors 68000

um... what?

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

12. iolinux333 thread starter macrumors 68000