I'm Having A Serious Problem While Starting Up!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by McKillaG., Mar 2, 2008.

1. McKillaG. macrumors newbie

(go to the bottom to skip the intro story)Ok (sorry for the caps^), my MacBook 2.17 ghz C2D is having problems on startup. I tried to boot up after realizing my MacBook was running a little slow while putting music on a MP3 player for my mom. When i rebooted i noticed it was taking a while so i let it go and not interfere, ( i was watching tv so I didn't have my full attention on the macbook) i realized i heard the startup chime twice. I looked over and saw it go through another cycle of rebooting. I tried the command+option+p+r method to make my macbook work, i tried the boot up with install disk and repair permissions method and had some troubles. I couldn't get it to verify the Macintosh HD but it verified bootcamp. It told me something about it being not valid. Hopefully someone here can help get my macbook back on its feet. I have never had this problem before.:(

Long story short i tried to use a few methods and they didn't work, my MacBook is stuck in an infinite rebooting startup. I cant get back to Leopard.

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

When you had booted the machine up from the install discs, did you attempt to 'repair disk' using disk utility?

If that is unable to repair the fault with your drive, it may be a hardware issue.

3. McKillaG. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i tried that, it said it wasn't valid or said it was invalid or something. i can retry.