I'm having issues while jailbreaking.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by BlindSoul, Jul 20, 2010.

1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Hello Guys.

I Got an iPod Touch Generation 2, MB iOS 4. I'm trying to jailbreak it with Redsn0w. When i do the first steps everything works just fine, But in the stage of the jailbreak it just says Waiting for a reboot... And do nothing, I've been waiting like that for about half an hour and it stays the same. Does anyone know a solution for this?
    Here's the link of the tutorial i tried: http://www.iphoneheat.com/2010/06/ja...ios-4-redsn0w/

Thank you very much for the helpers!

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

I had the same problem when jailbreaking

Make sure you have a stable and reliable internet connection with your computer beore starting, as sometimes wireless can cause connection problems.

Only thing to do it try again from the start, it took me 3 or 4 goes before it finally Jailbroke it.

Hope i could help

:apple:Mike

3. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

My internet is just fine, And i tried about 5 Times. Do you maybe know if there's a downgrade for iPod Touch 2G? If so, Can you also add a link for a tutorial? It's just i'm going to a vacation on Friday and the flight is gonna be very long i wanna download a few games so i will have anything to do while the flight.

Thanks!

4. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Unfortunately unless you have your SHSH blobs backes up, you will not be able to downgrade to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 or lower, this is due to apple encrypting all iOS packages now, there are many threads about downgrading on here.

All I can say is, try another package to jailbreak it now, if Redsn0w isnt working.

5. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

6. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

having only used Redsn0w myself and Blackra1n in the past, i'm not sure. All you cna do it look it up and try it yourself.