Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dgiglio3087

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Okay I have a 15" Mac book pro it's a early to mid 2011 model running the latest lion software, the first issue I'm having is my trackpad seems like its either sticking , or missing a spring or something. Nothing was ever spilled on it nor was it abused, i.e beaten on. It's quite erratic, with the slightest touch. And its visibly not the same, nor does it feel "right". The second issue im having is that If I leave my Mac running till the battery dies it has one of two problems, the first being it won't save any changes I made prior to. Like i had edited a bunch of photos , moved them into folders and the next day, they were back in the same place they were from the night before. Then my 2nd issue is , at least twice now, upon booting up it freezes leaving me with a endless white screen and the circle spinning , so I tried to restart same result , reset pram same result , ran hardware test all shows good, so I would have to do a restore to get it to work again. Anyone have any ideas? Also with the track pad is this something that can be easily replaced? If so I tried searching online to find replacement pads with no Luck where do they sell good oem trackpads? Thanks in advance for any solutions, comments, or questions.

Last edited:

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
Your mac is still covered by the one year limited warranty. Bring/ship it to Apple or an Apple service provider, and have the trackpad fixed.

For the other problems I'm not so sure. Did you disable the sleepimage?

dgiglio3087

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Your mac is still covered by the one year limited warranty. Bring/ship it to Apple or an Apple service provider, and have the trackpad fixed.

For the other problems I'm not so sure. Did you disable the sleepimage?

Hey you know i think your right, i think i did buy it less than a year ago.
As far as the sleepimage goes, im not sure what that is. Is that what that is when after restarting it awakes with all the same apps and all open?

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
As far as the sleepimage goes, im not sure what that is. Is that what that is when after restarting it awakes with all the same apps and all open?

The sleepimage stores the content of your RAM on the HDD - when you run out of battery while the mac is asleep, it will restore the current session instead of restarting once you recharge it.

If you never messed around with the sleepimage, it should be there. You can open a terminal and type "pmset -g" to check the hibernate mode. I think with active sleepimage it should be set to "3".

dgiglio3087

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Hey just an update , my Mac is still under warranty so I made an appointment for the genius bar tomorrow , and I figure Ill them check out the whole thing when I bring it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.