I'm having jailbreak issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by tnsmart, May 20, 2009.

1. tnsmart macrumors 6502

So, I finally decided to jailbreak my 2nd generation iPod Touch. I'm using Quick2gPwner on Mac OS 10.5.7 and this tutorial http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=3519
    I think it jailbreaks successfully (I get the pineapple guy with the headband and all of that stuff loads) but then it goes to the boot screen and just sits there. A couple of times, after sitting there a while, it will flash a white screen, and then return to the apple logo. I've tried rebooting it several times and rejailbreaking it. I've waited over half an hour with no result, just the apple logo screen. When I try to restore it, I get a message, "Software for this ipod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of itunes and try again." So I can't start it up, and I can't restore it. What to do? Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. tnsmart thread starter macrumors 6502

So I guess it's stuck in a booting cycle. I left it plugged into a wall adapter all night, and it was still on the apple logo in the morning. I unplugged it and left it all day so that the battery drained, but when I plugged it in again, it just went back to the logo. I read somewhere that this happened to someone because they had too many apps on their iPod when they jailbroke it, and I do have it all filled with apps. I've found lots of people with this problem, but no solution. I still don't know why it won't let me restore it.