I'm having some issues. (RAM usage)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BlindSoul, Jul 18, 2010.

1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Hello.

I got my 2010 Mac Mini like 4 days ago , And you can see the spec on my signature... Now the thing is that i got 4GB Ram, And lately it happens a lot that the computer is just using RAM For nothing. For example if i go to the Activity monitor i can see there's only 1GB Ram and 3GB Ram is used. Now i really don't understand on what. Everything open me for me is the Google Chrome browser. And even if i close it it changes only a little. and i can actually feel the Mac OSX Is being slower... I wonder what wouldn't upgrade my Mac Mini and i would stuck with 2GB Ram.
    Another issue i'm having is with the Magic Mouse, Lately it just becomes very very slow and i have to re-connect it to work fast as normal.

Does anyone have any ideas why is it happening?

Thank you very much.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Open Activity Monitor and then sort it by "Real Mem". Then press command+shift+4+spacebar and take a picture of the window and attach it. After we see that we'll have a better idea of how to help you. But, more RAM is always better, just so you know.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

OS X doesn't release RAM immediately. It's nothing to worry about.

4. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Here's what you requested:
    [​IMG]
    And what about my other question?

Thank you!

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

The RAM usage looks fine to me. As for your other question, I've not used a Magic Mouse, but have you tried changing the batteries?

6. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

No i haven't, I Got them with the purchase and there's still more 80% Battery left. And i don't really understand what so good with the RAM? Usually there suppose to be 2.5GB Free... Seriously, What would happen if i wouldn't upgrade to 4GB RAM? It would die already...

7. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Eh? Where did you hear that number? I'm not trying to belittle you, but I don't believe you understand what RAM is used for.

8. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I think i do what RAM Means, Like if i open Photoshop and other applications it all takes and require RAM.
    And whenever i restart my computer it says i got 2.5GB RAM Free, But then a few hours later it says 1GB RAM Free. Or maybe is it like that because it's on Inactive?