I'm having trouble burning a Video_TS folder to DVD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zack512, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Zack512 macrumors newbie

I have searched many forums for the answer to this question with no avail. I have mac the ripper, and handbrake which I am trying to rip with (these are all DVD's I own). I also have Toast 7, and popcorn to burn with. I have tried every imaginable combination, but I always get the same thing. A DVD with nothing on it, but the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders on it. I have tried the Video_TS button in popcorn with the fit to disk box checked, it gave me the same thing. I have tried the DVD-Video from Video_TS button under "Video" in Toast, same thing. I noticed a lot of people saying that I needed to burn it under the "Data" section in Toast using the DVD-ROM (UDF) file. At first the Video_TS file was too big (7.8GB), So I downloaded the trial version of DV2oneX and compressed the folder so that it would fit, and burned the DVD-ROM (UDF) that way. SAME THING! What am I doing wrong? I even made sure that the folder containing the 2 TS files was the root, and that the Video_TS, and Audio_TS files were underneath. I guess I am just missing something. I am trying to burn them to a basic fujifilm single layer DVD. I am running on a G5 with Tiger 10.4.11 with 2 GHz intel core duo, 512 MB 667MHz RAM. If anyone can help me I would sure appreciate it.

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I always converted those ts files to a single mpeg. Made life easier. Check out Visualhub.

3. Fallinangel macrumors regular

Fallinangel

I use Toast 9, but this should work in version 7 too!
    Keep using MacTheRipper to copy your protected DVD data to your harddrive.
    After that, if you don't have or aren't able to burn double layer DVDs with a capacity of 8.5 GB, you have to shrink the DVD files (.vob) to the size of a regular DVD (4.7 GB) first!
    After that you won't exceed your DVD capacity anymore and everything should work fine!
    Note however, that shrinking DVDs involves compression and loses some of the initial quality!

[​IMG]
    Click for full size - Uploaded with Skitch

1) Select the "Video"-menu on top.
    2) Select the "Video_TS Folder" menu, in order to burn a DVD that is playable on regular DVD players too, not just computers.
    3) Check "Use Fit-to-DVD video compression", this will shrink your Video_TS folder to a burnable size!

Now, if these features aren't available in Toast 7, you could still use Popcorn to do this! Just keep the shrinking in mind!
    Furthermore, just burn the Video_TS folder nothing else!!!

4. Zack512 thread starter macrumors newbie

Still nothing

I tried exactly that in Toast, and it did the same thing. A DVD containing both Audio and Video TS file folders, but it will not play. I know there is something miniscule that I am missing, but I can not seem to figure out what? I also tried it on my samsung DVD player, and it reads no disk?

5. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Did you try to play the ripped video off of your hard disk to make sure the rip went OK?

IIRC, I have used the OS X disk utility to burn DVD video instead of toast.