I'm having trouble removing something from a Finder window...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Garrod, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Garrod macrumors regular

Garrod

Hi there,

I've just upgraded to OS X Lion and this might seem like a simple problem but I've never come across it before. How on Earth do I remove the two things that say Untitled DVD and Untitled DVD 2 that appear in every Finder window as seen here:

[​IMG]

...I've never come across the problem before! If I try and drag them to the trash they don't delete and if I double click on them I get '"Untitled DVD" can't be opened because the original item can't be found.'

There is no optical media in the drive but I'm pretty sure they appeared after I was trying to burn a DVD the other day with Disk Utility.

Thanks in advance!

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Drag it out of Finder and let go like you would to drag it to the desktop. If you try dragging it to the trash it just jumps back into the Finder as you've found out.

3. Garrod thread starter macrumors regular

Garrod

Thanks for replying but I have tried that - they both just go back to their original positions. I've repaired permissions and everything too.

Curious.

4. Garrod thread starter macrumors regular

Garrod

Well, I spent almost all of yesterday trying to find a solution to my original post but to no avail. There must be someone who can help me here? Please?!

5. sahnert macrumors 6502

Try holding the command key while dragging the item away from the sidebar.

6. Garrod thread starter macrumors regular

Garrod

Problem solved! I owe you a pint of fine beer (or a pint of whatever you want!)

Thank you!