I'm having trouble unjailbreaking my 3gs :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sharkymarky88, Aug 21, 2010.

1. sharkymarky88 macrumors newbie

Hi, i recently jailbroke my phone and i wasnt very satisfied with the result so i set about restoring my iphone through the settings > General > reset method. My iphone then proceeded to restart it self and reboot at which time it froze and became completely lifeless so i did a quick reboot (holding the home and lock button for several seconds hoping it might fix it...... and it didnt) and now hasnt started for 2 days :-(

Can someone please shed some advice on how i can fix this problem as the phone will load up as far as the apple symbol and then completely freezes before going to the login screen so i am unable to use my iphone full stop and its driving me crazy :mad:

If anyone has had any similar problems or has any tips on how to get it going again it would be very much appreciated :)

2. celticpride678

Restore it in iTunes. Resetting the phone in Settings will not remove the jailbreak (for future reference).

3. sharkymarky88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the hep but when i connect my phone to itunes, itunes does not recognise my phone so i cant access it that way to restore it :-(

When i connect my iod shuffle it appears in itunes so i know it's definately the phone playing up and not my laptop:rolleyes:

Any ideas what to try next?!?!?:(

4. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

Click this link for instructions on how to put the phone into DFU mode, iTunes will then recognize and let you restore the phone.

5. sharkymarky88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks "apunkrockmonk" that worked a treat..... Your a life saver!:D