I'm having troubles converting .mov to transfer to PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by askretzinger, Oct 24, 2007.

1. askretzinger macrumors newbie

askretzinger

I'm currently trying to convert a .mov file to play on Windows Media Player so I can transfer the file over to a PC and run it on Windows Media Player. Currently I can't even get it to convert to .wmv and play on Windows Media Player on my mac. I can get it to play through Flip but I need it to play on a PC. Any ideas?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It would make much more sense to install QuickTime/iTunes on the PC. If you want to convert your .mov file to .wmv, then you will have to pay the fee for Flip4Mac. QuickTime/iTunes free or Flip4Mac paid--your choice.

3. askretzinger thread starter macrumors newbie

askretzinger

That actually won't help me, because I need to bring the clip up using a program called mediashout and it seems to only recognize windows media files. I really just need to take an existing .mov file and convert it to play on Windows Media Player. I already own Flip4Mac, that doesn't solve my problem either. I can get the file to play on Flip4Mac but not on Windows Media Player.

4. 7masscom macrumors member

.mov to .wmv

First, do you own Flip4mac's WMV Player? or WMV Studio? The first will allow you to play .wmv files in QuickTime, the later will let you export .mov out of QuickTime to .wmv.

Do you have QuickTime Pro? If you don't it's a mute point, because you won't be able to export .wmv with Flip4mac with the standard QuickTime.