I'm holding in my hands an 11 day old ipad 3 ... return it?

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
So my 11 day old ipad 3 is now not so new. Should I replace it with the 4 since I'm in the 30 day return window?

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
If you're going to keep the iPad 3 for a long time, yes, return it and spend the same amount on an upgraded pad. If you upgrade all the time anyway, you'll have to weigh: do I go a week and a half without my iPad vs. long term speed.

For me, if I had just purchased one, I'd return and get the new one.

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
So my next question is this ... I didn't buy it from an apple store. I got it from an apple retailer when I was out of town. I'll be leaving again on the 1st so I won't be able to actually take it in for a return/replacement.

Any thoughts?

richpuer

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
So my next question is this ... I didn't buy it from an apple store. I got it from an apple retailer when I was out of town. I'll be leaving again on the 1st so I won't be able to actually take it in for a return/replacement.

Any thoughts?
just keep it, not worth the trouble

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011

Any thoughts?
Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Order a new one once the pre-order starts and return your current ipad when it arrives (if Nov 2 is still within your 30 day window)

cainnovacaine

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
Chicago
Or, if you're happy with it, go to the refurb store and order the exact model you have now at a dramatic discount. Return yours. A bit more work, but you are at least getting a used iPad for your used iPad and you are paying for less than a new iPad 2...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.