IM+ icon cant change and making me crazy

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by fletch33, Jun 28, 2010.

1. fletch33 macrumors regular

fletch33

ok i have manually changed all the icons i wanted to change on my iPad except for IM+ and it is driving me crazy that i can not figure out why it will not change.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

i have created the icon i want to use (iChat icon) as i have dome with all the other apps icons i changed successfully but no luck with this.

here is what i have changed in IM+ app folder so far:

IMPlusFull-iPad.png
    Icon-Small-50.png
    Icon-Small.png
    icon.png

did i accidentally delete one and forget to replace it? i cant see how that could be as the original app icon is showing on my dock.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance and this is preventing me from completing my theme.

2. Rengoku macrumors newbie

Sometimes respring or restart doesn't clear the cache, so you have to ssh into the cache directory:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache

and delete the icon cache file there.

3. fletch33 thread starter macrumors regular

fletch33

i was getting excited as i read your reply but i deleted it from there and no luck after a spring and a boot :(

thanks though for the info

they have dome something different here as this is the only app i have had a problem with :(

4. Rengoku macrumors newbie

I seem to remember apps on the dock being handled differently, perhaps try moving the IM+ app off the dock, and see if that changes anything?

5. fletch33 thread starter macrumors regular

fletch33

thanks for the suggestion.

i changed all the others without removing them from the dock but just to be sure i tried removing it and clearing the cache and checking that all the files i listed above were still the iChat icon and it still did not work :(

its always the little things that will drive you crazy. hopefully someone else has changed theirs and will read this.

if anyone has IM+ Full and can look at the app folder to see if i am missing something i would be very grateful.

6. Rengoku macrumors newbie

7. fletch33 thread starter macrumors regular

fletch33

You are my hero lol

thanks that did it.

great part is that i was able to get it all fixed on the iPad without my Mac as i am in an airport waiting for a flight at the moment.

yeah