i'm impressed with Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by twoodcc, Feb 20, 2008.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

so i tried parallels before when it first came out. and i thought it was nice and all.

but i just got 3.0 or whatever, and man, it is nice. especially with how you can share the folders and they are mirrored or whatever, like you documents, pictures, and music folders.

i'm very impressed. i guess all of that is just for windows though. i'm running Vista right now. trying it out at least

i thought i would share my experience

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

I prefer Parallels. I just think it interfaces better with the OS.

4. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

what makes you say that?

sorry, i'm not trying to start a debate between the two. i just felt the need to share my experience, for those that are trying to decide if parallels is any good or not

5. Flowero4ka macrumors regular

How are you now? Are you still impressed with parallels? Share your experience!

6. nikopolidis macrumors regular

I am running Parallels as well. :)
    I think it is a nice idea just to share one's experience about running Virtualization soft instead of provoking another debate about Parallels and Fusion. :eek: Sometimes this really helps to make the right choice when choosing soft that runs Windows on your Mac...
    So, I'm waiting for your report as well! :)

7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Parallels vs Fusion has gotten to be like the Mac vs PC debate. In 2008, it is how I should run Windows on my Mac.

I have both and I can't tell the difference with speed alone just like I can't see the difference between Safari and Firefox. It is all good.