I'm in a predicament while attempting to jailbreak my Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by paistedw762, Jan 3, 2009.

1. paistedw762 macrumors newbie

Hello all. About a half an hour ago, i attempted jailbreaking my ipod touch using the Ziphone application on my PC. Everything was going well - my itouch was detected by the Ziphone application and iTunes, and it was going ok. When the white numbers with the black background started happening, i knew that was supposed to happen thanks to a 'how to' video on youtube - but the white numbers stopped doing anything, and slowly came to a halt. The Ziphone application had something on it that said "if the process takes longer than 3 minutes, stop the process and try again because something is probably wrong." i stopped the process because it had already been 5 or more minutes. So unplugged my device and the numbers still have not gone away. What is the best thing to do?

2. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Good to see even more drummers on MacRumors forums.

Anyway, ZiPhone is effectively a very outdated method. I highly suggest you use iPwn, as it works much better.

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

1. Is it a second generation iPod Touch (does it have volume buttons on the side)?
    2. Don't use ZiPhone. Use the Pwnage tool. (Please don't ask, google).

4. paistedw762 thread starter macrumors newbie

it's a first generation iPod, but it's hard to decipher exactly how to try this again. For all i know, this iTouch could be useless now...i doubt it though. The power button on top, nor the menu button makes any difference to what's happening on the screen. The only thing on the screen is numbers and codes. i have no idea what to do

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Hold down Power and Home buttons until the iPod turns off. Then boot back up. It should be recovery mode. Now have iTunes restore it to 2.2 firmware. Then download QuickPwn and follow the instructions,

6. paistedw762 thread starter macrumors newbie

i shut it off, however, but it was still in the screen where there is just numbers and codes. should i try plugging it into itunes?