Im in the market for a new Mac Book Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arozar, Sep 13, 2011.

  1. arozar macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2011
    #1
    Hello all,
    I'm in the market for a new Mac Book Pro, 13 inch. I love that they now offer the i7, my only issue is the 8 gig max memory. I know that will cover most, but if I could get 16 that would be better, I run VM's a lot, and if I could get 16 gig I could run more than two at a time. Knowing that they may get an update in the next month, would you wait to see if the offer a model with 16 gig, or being that I'm stuck on the 13 inch, will this more than likely not be updated until after the 15 and 17 inch get the 16 gig option....


    Thank a lot!!
     
  2. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    #2
    I don't think they'll get an update within the next month. They usually have yearly refresh cycles and there hasn't been anything to upgrade with.

    Just go get it now, or wait until April of next year (usually when they update) and see if Ivy Bridge supports 16gb of ram.
     
  3. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Location:
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    #3
    I doubt a major change until Ivy Bridge ships from Intel in 2012. Estimates say Q1 or Q2. It's likely that the ram limit might go up, but that's a ways off. Before that they might upgrade the cpu spec a little, but not much.
     

Share This Page