I'm kinda worried...

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by BlindSoul, Jun 30, 2010.

  1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Location:
    Israel
    #1
    Hey.

    My uncle is now in America and he gets back in 13rd July. And i gave him $850 to buy me the Mac Mini with an upgraded RAM to 4GB Because it's way more expensive in Israel.
    Anyways, he haven't ordered it yet and i heard lots of people here are having delays with their order.

    Should i tell him to buy it as fast as possible? Should i tell him to buy it from places like B&H Or J&R? Have many of you had delays?


    Thanks :)
     
  2. i7QuadCoreMania macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    #2
    have him walk into an applestore and buy one in stock, no need to order.

    personally, I'd buy the base model for $699 and buy the ram separately, you can get 4gb or ram for less than $150.

    probably a better plan of attack if you are on time constraints.
     
  3. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Location:
    Israel
    #3
    The upgrade costs only $100. o_O I gave him the $50 just incase he'll have to pay tax or anything...
     
  4. opeter macrumors 65816

    opeter

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    Location:
    Slovenia, EU
    #4
    He will pay tax, when he comes back to you to Israel.
     
  5. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Location:
    Israel
    #5
    He has a friend which works in the Airport so no :)
     
  6. i7QuadCoreMania macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    #6
    of course, I believe tax is 8% in new york (B&H, J&R) it's 4.7% where I am, so most likely your 50 bucks for tax is gonna come up a bit short.:p
     
  7. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Location:
    Israel
    #7
  8. i7QuadCoreMania macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    #8
  9. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Location:
    Israel
    #9
    To know if some of you ordered Mac Mini and their order got delay?
     
  10. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 20, 2010
    #10
    If time is the issue you should really just buy a stock one and upgrade the ram later. All problems instantly solved.
     

Share This Page