I'm liking this Ghost Armor

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mdlooker, Sep 28, 2014.

1. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I have my Gold IP6 Plus and when I got it a week ago, I found it to be slippery where I almost dropped it one time. I really don't like the cases out there as I wanted one that was clear so I could still see the gold color. I really haven't done any research, just in the mall kiosks and the Apple/ATT stores but nothing that I liked.

So I decided to go with the Ghost Armor as it adds a definite grip, allows to keep the phone astetics visible while adding that layer of proctection against scrathes and dings (those are the only damages on my previous phones). So with this and AC+, I'll probably only continue with the LifeProof water proof case for water parks. Just something I wanted to throw out there incase someone has the same desires as me.

Attached Files:

2. MareLuce macrumors 6502

Like mine too. I had the screen done only (in the mall - check their website for a location near you). Brought the case so they could see where case could rub it.

Ghost Armor front fits perfectly with the iPhone blue silicone case.

I'm certain I'm going to drop mine at some point in the next 2 years, even with the silicone case. I hope the Ghost Armor will both
    - protect it from scratches inside my purse, though I'm careful to store it against the fabric, nothing else
    - when I do drop it, make it a little less likely the screen will shatter - like taping up a window before a hurricane.

$27 total with a $5 coup they mailed me since I had my iPad 2 and iPhone 5 done with them (it's still perfect).

3. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Yea as you can see I did both the front and back and it's awesome. I should have done this with my IP5.

4. MiRod407 macrumors member

5. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

6. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

I want I want. Dead serious though, Radio Shack of all places has a real nice clear super thin case, only $10 no branding or anything on it. What I'm currently rocking

7. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I've always walked pass the Ghost Armor kiosk but I gave it a try..best decision yet! Ask them to let you hold a phone that they have just finished..it sticks to your hand and looks like nothing is on it.

8. THE JUICEMAN, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

I'm liking this Ghost Armor

I assume no but any issues with swipe gestures? Such as using the curved edge to swipe back in settings or safari. Also any stickiness coming in and out the pocket? And does the front screen protector take away from screen quality or feel at all? Wow sorry for all the back to back questions.

9. ArtVandelay29 macrumors regular

I'm tempted to do this as well, but I've NEVER been 100% successful at installing this type of skin on any phone I've ever owned. Do they install them at the kiosks or just sell them for self-install?

10. mhoward223 macrumors member

Lifeproof is only making the Nuud for the 6 plus right now, so you might have a problem with the seal over the ghost armor screen protector.

Some peope say it works some don't.

I have not personally seen any real world examples.

11. pat park macrumors 6502a

Pretty much every iDevice I've ever owned I dropped and the screen protector was there to keep the cracked screen on the phone, instead of on the floor.

12. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

My question too.

----------

Ditto. It kept my old 5 working for 2 weeks while I waited for a 5s. With a protector the screen was cracked but the phone worked. Without one it would have been toast.

13. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Does this cover the entire front? I can't tell from the screenshots.

14. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

this makes me wanna get the ghost armor for my 6 plus