I'm liking this Ghost Armor

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
US
I have my Gold IP6 Plus and when I got it a week ago, I found it to be slippery where I almost dropped it one time. I really don't like the cases out there as I wanted one that was clear so I could still see the gold color. I really haven't done any research, just in the mall kiosks and the Apple/ATT stores but nothing that I liked.

So I decided to go with the Ghost Armor as it adds a definite grip, allows to keep the phone astetics visible while adding that layer of proctection against scrathes and dings (those are the only damages on my previous phones). So with this and AC+, I'll probably only continue with the LifeProof water proof case for water parks. Just something I wanted to throw out there incase someone has the same desires as me.

Attachments

MareLuce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2010
Like mine too. I had the screen done only (in the mall - check their website for a location near you). Brought the case so they could see where case could rub it.

Ghost Armor front fits perfectly with the iPhone blue silicone case.

I'm certain I'm going to drop mine at some point in the next 2 years, even with the silicone case. I hope the Ghost Armor will both
- protect it from scratches inside my purse, though I'm careful to store it against the fabric, nothing else
- when I do drop it, make it a little less likely the screen will shatter - like taping up a window before a hurricane.

$27 total with a $5 coup they mailed me since I had my iPad 2 and iPhone 5 done with them (it's still perfect).

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
US
Yea as you can see I did both the front and back and it's awesome. I should have done this with my IP5.

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
I want I want. Dead serious though, Radio Shack of all places has a real nice clear super thin case, only $10 no branding or anything on it. What I'm currently rocking

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
US
I want I want. Dead serious though, Radio Shack of all places has a real nice clear super thin case, only $10 no branding or anything on it. What I'm currently rocking
I've always walked pass the Ghost Armor kiosk but I gave it a try..best decision yet! Ask them to let you hold a phone that they have just finished..it sticks to your hand and looks like nothing is on it.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
I'm liking this Ghost Armor

I assume no but any issues with swipe gestures? Such as using the curved edge to swipe back in settings or safari. Also any stickiness coming in and out the pocket? And does the front screen protector take away from screen quality or feel at all? Wow sorry for all the back to back questions.

Last edited:

ArtVandelay29

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2014
DFW
I'm tempted to do this as well, but I've NEVER been 100% successful at installing this type of skin on any phone I've ever owned. Do they install them at the kiosks or just sell them for self-install?

mhoward223

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Lifeproof is only making the Nuud for the 6 plus right now, so you might have a problem with the seal over the ghost armor screen protector.

Some peope say it works some don't.

I have not personally seen any real world examples.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Like mine too. I had the screen done only (in the mall - check their website for a location near you). Brought the case so they could see where case could rub it.

Ghost Armor front fits perfectly with the iPhone blue silicone case.

I'm certain I'm going to drop mine at some point in the next 2 years, even with the silicone case. I hope the Ghost Armor will both
- protect it from scratches inside my purse, though I'm careful to store it against the fabric, nothing else
- when I do drop it, make it a little less likely the screen will shatter - like taping up a window before a hurricane.

$27 total with a $5 coup they mailed me since I had my iPad 2 and iPhone 5 done with them (it's still perfect).
Pretty much every iDevice I've ever owned I dropped and the screen protector was there to keep the cracked screen on the phone, instead of on the floor.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2006
And does the front screen protector take away from screen quality or feel at all?
My question too.

----------

Pretty much every iDevice I've ever owned I dropped and the screen protector was there to keep the cracked screen on the phone, instead of on the floor.
Ditto. It kept my old 5 working for 2 weeks while I waited for a 5s. With a protector the screen was cracked but the phone worked. Without one it would have been toast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.