I'm locked INTO my iPhone (not out of) help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kmun, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Kmun macrumors newbie

Ok I've been silly and forgotten my pass lock as soon as I changed it..

I changed the pass lock, exited the settings straight afrer by habit and then wanted to get back into that section to look at the other options- which is when I discovered I wasn't paying attention to the first two digits I pressed.

I now have 9 failed attempts- the 10 wrong attempts option is turned off.

I have had to put auto-lock OFF so my phone doesn't lock...

What to do? I could press the RESET button in the phone options but will thus also reset the phone passlock?!

Second thing is I've never synced this with a computer as my laptop is broken ( I sound like a walking technology nightmare!) can I sync it to a housemates laptop even though they have iPhones too and will I need the pass lock to sync?

Effectively I'm locked into my iPhone and am having to keep it on charge! Please help!

2. em4nu3l macrumors newbie

You could possibly have early onsetting alzheimer's. but your most likely gonna have to restore the phone in itunes if you really cant remember the code. You need to back up your stuff though cause i had an iphone 2G in high school when it was still new with all my stuff on it, never synced. Dropped out of my pocket in the middle of the courtyard before 1st period. that. sucked. and If your not jailbroken, just jailbreak it, that could always solve that.