I'm looking for a game that....

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by WhiteIphone5, Jul 3, 2013.

1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Hey guys, I'm not a hardcore gamer like most of you guys are. Upon reading these threads I can see you guys have some gaming knowledge. I've had a PS3 since launch and sometimes I would play it, same goes for my Xbox. I'm not the gamer that pre-orders or buys games on launch. Just a little bit about me :p

Anyway I'm creating this thread to see if you guys could help me find a fun multiplayer game. Shooters or racing are fine, but If racing I would like some weapons there too. I like a multiplayer game where I can brag about to the enemy, like black ops and bf3

These are The games I already have ( xbox 360 only) as that's my only consoled right now:

Gears of war 3
    Halo 4
    Halo reach
    Gta iV
    Madden 13
    Bf3
    Black ops 2
    Transformers war for cybertron
    Borderlands 1,2
    Need for speed hot pursuit
    Skyrim

I don't really want a co-op game like borderlands, I want a game were its team vs team, killing each other.

I want a lot of trash talking
    Lots of people joining, I don't want a dead server

Thanks y'all!

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Sounds like Team Fortress 2 is what you're looking for. It's team vs. team, and you get hats! I don't know how good it is for the 360, but the PC version has had a strong following for years now

Oh, and even though it isn't exactly what you're looking for, I'm gonna throw out a recommendation for Dark Souls, because it's one of my favorite games of all time. It's a great game, and I love seeing people's reactions to it (which usually lands somewhere between massive enjoyment and murderous rage).

3. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

I already have team fortress 2 :p

Does dark souls have multiplayer?

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    ...well hell. Really, I can't think of many team vs. team games for the consoles. The only ones I can think of you've already played, so that doesn't give me much room for recommendations.

Though the PC (and Mac) have tons to choose from. I can list three right off the top of my head: Firefall, Planetside 2, and Mechwarrior Online. You might consider looking at these if you can't find anything you want for the 360.

Yeah, but it's not traditional in the least, and not at all what you're looking for. I just like recommending it to people because...

A. I love it so.

and...

B. I'm a cruel, cruel bastard who loves watching people suffer.

Even if it's not your usual style of game, it's worth picking up simply because it's so good, and it'll last you about forever.

5. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

Left 4 Dead 2. If the 360 servers are still as active as the PC ones, you'll have no shortage of people to play/talk smack with.

That game is almost 5 years old and it's to this day my absolute favorite multiplayer game, since it actually forces you to work together as a team, even if you're playing as the infected.

Then again, if you own and play TF2, I'm probably not telling you anything new. Still, it wasn't in your list, and it's an amazing game.