I'm looking for a label maker that connects to a Mac- suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cmm, Apr 23, 2013.

1. cmm macrumors 6502a

Looking for a label maker that I can connect to my mac. Does this exist? Thanks!

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

what sort of labels? File folder? Postage? Shipping?

3. cmm thread starter macrumors 6502a

File folder size I guess to use all around my home...

4. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I have a Dymo Labelwriter 450 Turbo for printing shipping labels and postage stamps, and a Brother P-Touch 2700. Both work flawlessly with my Macs.

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Good question. I have a Dymo 350 Turbo that I use for address labels, and a Zebra 2844 for shipping labels. The Dymo was no problem, the Zebra took some tweaking. I'd like a little label printer like the Brother PT-1230 for small laminated labels, they'll be more durable than the thermals I get from my Dymo, but Brother only supports that on Windows. The P-Touch 2700 Mr. McMac uses looks nice but a bit bulky and expensive.

6. ssmed macrumors 6502

ssmed

The Brother and Seiko Business labellers both work well in my experience (10.6 to 10.8.3), lots of options for label sizes/types. We use mainly the SII SLP 440 and 450 with high levels of use without any problems. We have not had one break in over three years for some. The labels are not that cheap and the SII and Dymo labels seem to swap as to which is the cheapest. The software is fairly clunky, but we have designed labels in our database application and in that context we are in good control of the content and great results. These are black & white (thermal) printers.

HTH

SS