I'm looking for more backpack suggestions for my 15" uMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MB98XJ, Jul 31, 2009.

1. MB98XJ macrumors member

MB98XJ

I searched the threads and looked through all the backpacks and wondering if you would provide me with a few more good recommendations for backpacks.

I have a 3 year old North Face optimus and I'm looking to replace it seeing as I'm starting college in a couple weeks. I plan on putting my MBP in a incase sleeve and then inside of the backpack..

2. joehahn macrumors regular

I just go the North Face RECON backpack, and with my 15"uMBP in a neoprene sleeve, it's a perfect fit

3. MB98XJ thread starter macrumors member

MB98XJ

How many binders or textbooks can you get in there, with the computer?

4. joehahn macrumors regular

well I, like you, and heading off to college in the fall (freshmen year.....GULP) and the way i see it im not gonna need to have my backpack loaded with stuff. I'm gonna be a music ed major so i wont have many texts (from what i've been told) but even when i do have them im just gonna carry them in my hands. im just gonna throw a notepad, notebook, planner, and something to write with in my bag along with the macbook. If i had to guess though, I would say that i could probably get a couple 1.5" binders in it and or a sizable text book as well

5. darkdream macrumors member

I have a booq and i can fix 2 good sized text books and a binder in it.

6. ChadBrommer macrumors member

ChadBrommer

Hey guys,

I just got done with my first year in college. I bought the Ogio Politan bag and I LOVE IT!

Seriously. You can fit your laptop in the cushioned back opeing and 4 or 5 books, etc in the big opening. There are also a lot of other small pockets, even a pocket with the hole for headphones to go through.

I totally recommend the Ogio Politan. It's amazing.

7. King James macrumors member

crumpler makes really nice backpacks and bags..... check them out

8. NewEyesOpen macrumors regular

I'm looking into the NorthFace Mentor backpack. I have the Jester by North Face and this will be my second year with that. I love north face products.