Im looking for new headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bigchief, Jul 11, 2009.

1. bigchief macrumors 6502a

The headphones that came with my 3Gs does not fit my ear. I have to hold them in with my fingers to get a good sound.

Can anyone recommend a good interear model that will work with the 3GS?

Thanks

2. Killquake macrumors member

First off this goes in the accessory section :p (I think)

Secondly, I loved my Sennheiser MM-50 earphones, until i lost them... They are a whopping $50-100 depending on where you get them, but they were worth it for incredible bass respone and good highs :)

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Are you particular about having a mic? Also, it would be nice to give us a price range as well as what you like in sound so we can actually suggest something.

4. bigchief thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like all music except rap and headbanger. Would like to keep it under $50.

5. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Nuforce NE-7M

If you go to head-fi, that is what you will get recommended to 99% of the time for an iPhone headset at $50.

7. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

btw, i have a pair of etymotic er6i's and think they are fantastic. you can get them for 75$ on amazon.com, they come in black or white. amazing detail and clarity, soundstage is insane, it sounds like the music is coming from inside your head! slightly outside of your price range and no mic, but i highly recommend them.

8. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

x 2 for the Nuforce 7, and I also found them because of the recommendations from the head-fi forum. You can buy them off Amazon and they have pretty good user reviews there too. They have a mic to answer calls as well as pause, skip and replay. For $50 you can't go wrong.

9. toughluck macrumors member

Skullcandy in ear are amazing. 20 bucks at radioshack. go now, buy them!

10. pendo macrumors regular

What do you guys think for a <$100 set (with mic)?

11. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

Skullcandy are not amazing...for 20$ they work, but u are getting what u pay for

12. pendo macrumors regular

+1. I just bought a pair a couple weeks ago, and didn't even leave the parking lot. Went back and got $20 Sony bumpin buds. Easliy 3x better than the skull candy's

13. TheGoog macrumors member

I'm very happy with these. Mind you, I did pay 30 quid for em here in the UK.

14. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

pony up....

do your ears a favor: get ultimate ears. :)

15. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

Does anyone have suggestions on wireless head phones?

Also, are there headsets that do both, take calls and play music? Suggestions?

16. TheGoog macrumors member

Back on topic, Skull Candy's are always nice sounding and cheap.

17. davwin macrumors regular

I picked up a pair of Sennheiser MM50 ip here in the UK for £13 shipped at BargainPile so they can be found cheap and they have been outstanding for sound in the 2 weeks I've used them so far. A brief list of Pros and Cons below:

PROS
    They are great at isolating outside noise; Very little bleed through.
    Very good sound reproduction from lows to mids to highs - all sounded nice and crisp.
    Very good Bass response - may even be a little bass heavy but it can of course be balanced out nicely using the EQ.
    Very clean sound even at higher volumes with no distortion even in heavy music.
    In-Line mic and "clicker" for basic iPhone/ipod Touch controls like track forward, track back , play, pause.

CONS
    It may sound weird but, the small and medium earfittings are too similiar in size and the large is significantly larger so it might be hard to find the right size for your ears.
    The in-line clicker button has to be pressed pretty hard, making double and triple clicking more difficult than it should be.
    The in-line microphone is not very good and picks up alot of background noise (ironically).
    The headset has a short left ear cord and a long right ear cord so it is a little akward to wear in front like a normal set of earbuds (if thats how you wear yours).

Buyer beware in case any of the CONS would affect your decision to purchase or not; Having said that though, I am very happy with this set...